• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am in Wisconsin allot and they are only marginally better than Illinois on guns. Rep. Young introduced microstamping and will introduce an open carry ban. CC is already banned. This will run into opposition to thier own court findings of the past. Here is what I wrote.

Mr. Young, I might suggest you read "The 5000 Year Leap" to get a full understanding of the Constution and what the Founders original intention was and see if your ban fits in.

I did see you on television talking about people walking around holding a gun or having it stuffed down the front of thier pants. I see no reason why the city cannot adopt some rules to carrying since a ban would violate the states own laws and end up in a costly court battle. Why not demand that open carry be allowed only in a holster and any drawing of a firearm would incure penalties unless in self defense. There is no reason for anyone to be holding a gun or putting it in the dangerous position of no holster carry. Even better, adopt a lawful conceal carry for those citizens that are law abiding. The criminals will carry no matter what you do. You will only be punishing those who follow the law and who will not be able to protect themselves. If this were such a perfect world, I might go along with you, but it is not as you have seen yourself.

P.S., microstamping will do no good, only raise the cost for lawful owners, and an be too easily bypassed by the criminal. Besides, all one has to do is use a revolver and then what will you track? Is it moral to pursue laws that are unenforcable and produce no tangible benefit other than punishing the law abiding. Your time could be better spent for the people of Wisconsin.

Respectfully,

Bob

Last edited:
    Top Bottom