Wow...thank you Netflix...happy squirrels!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Am I the only one that's completely happy seeing our own Indiana Bob Ross on Netflix?? I remember watching his new episodes on PBS all the time after school, and knowing it was filmed in Muncie blew my mind then! Always was a fan of him and his paintings and positivity.

nettinyahoo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    South Bend
    Yep, the kids and I watch it. Every time he starts to put a large tree right up front we laugh and say noooo! Always turns out looking good in the end.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Yep, the kids and I watch it. Every time he starts to put a large tree right up front we laugh and say noooo! Always turns out looking good in the end.

Me and the wife was watching him last night, she asked if he always cleans his brushes and says to "beat the devil out of it" lol, I just smiled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Am I the only one that's completely happy seeing our own Indiana Bob Ross on Netflix?? I remember watching his new episodes on PBS all the time after school, and knowing it was filmed in Muncie blew my mind then! Always was a fan of him and his paintings and positivity.

I dont know how in 32 years that I never learned he was from here. Maybe I did hear it before but I dont recall

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    He retired from the AF as a Master Sergeant before he started on his painting career. I never really got into him, hard to take that hair seriously.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bob-Villa-300-Painting.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Any guy who can make a really nice painting using nothing more than a putty knife automatically gets my respect for his talent.
    Bob may be gone, but he's not forgotten.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The show was produced/filmed in Muncie from '84-94.

Bob wasn't an Indiana native. Not even sure he lived in IN for those 10 years when the show was filming. I'd venture to guess that he didn't - but that's just conjecture.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    The show was produced/filmed in Muncie from '84-94.

Bob wasn't an Indiana native. Not even sure he lived in IN for those 10 years when the show was filming. I'd venture to guess that he didn't - but that's just conjecture.

He didn't. He stayed at a hotel here. He lived in FL. But hey, at least Funcie has something going for it. Here, in our tcom building there is an office with 4 of his paintings and the iconic photo.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    He didn't. He stayed at a hotel here. He lived in FL. But hey, at least Funcie has something going for it. Here, in our tcom building there is an office with 4 of his paintings and the iconic photo.

Minnestrata (community center?) is the only place that he ever allowed an exhibit of his work, too. That's kind of cool.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Minnestrata (community center?) is the only place that he ever allowed an exhibit of his work, too. That's kind of cool.

Minnetrista.

While I enjoyed watching him, I'll admit his pieces were rather bland - just peaceful nature scenes without any underlying story or commentary. He wasn't known for his paintings, but his painting (and afro). In other words, it was the act of painting that made him famous, not the result of that painting.

Well... sometimes the simple things are best.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I looked on eBay just out of curiosity and my mind was blown by how much his paintings are going for...I'd love to own one, that's the type of paintings I love

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom