• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Interesting question, and a very interesting way of looking at it too by YouTube guy John Lovell, of the Warrior Poet Society.
    I follow his channel, and also subscribe to the network.
    For my own answer, that's not what I was thinking when I first swore that oath as a snot-nosed little 17 year old. I just wanted to drive tanks.
    However, once I was in the know, and grew the hell up... that's why I kept re-upping time after time.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I volunteered almost 40 years ago. I was lucky and didn’t see anything bad when I was in. I did learn one thing though, the meaning of the word Navy,
    Never
    Again
    Volunteer
    Yourself
    I’d probably be willing to die defending my family, neighbors or those in need now if necessary. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Given the choice, I’d rather kill for it.
    This.

Some few years back I would most likely die for my country. But this country we see now I am not so willing to give my life for and might feel odd to ask others to do the same.

Fight....absolutely. In defense of my family, my home, our future. But on my home turf. To allow the despots thieves and POS villain's on the hill to send us off to die, not so much. They can go.
    But hey, I am long in the tooth for such things these days.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I may be remembering this wrong, but I vaguely remember Gen. Schwartzkopf during a middle of the night pressed conference for desert storm being pushed by one of the POS anti-war reporters. The reporter pressed his luck and eventually said something along the lines of "how do you feel sending young American soldiers off to die"? He stepped around the podium, right to the edge of the platform, and growled "I'm not sending young Americans to die for their country, I'm sending them to do something worse, to kill for their country"! He then spun on his heels and left. Deafening silence...

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    I would on any day fight to my last breathe for the defense of this country but would not stand for the corrupt system we have for a government. I love this place I call home with everything I have to give, but doing the dirty work of those who try to rule us is something that doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Top Bottom