• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think its important to note that not every SHTF scenario is the same or calls for the same tools.

I would agree that a rifle is a superior weapon to a handgun... unless you are trying to transverse a crowded area without drawing attention. Then a concealed pistol is definitely the tool for the job. Protecting a home or compound... its a rifle or a shotgun no question.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A handgun for SHTF to me is a backup. When SHTF, it means all bets are off. I'm busting my shotgun and my rifle at the ready.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anything made by Bersa, Taurus, Ruger semi autos, keltec, etc
    I'd pull Bersa out of that list too. The 9mm Bersa pistols are very reliable and would hold up well in a SHTF situation.

On the other hand, They might qualify if you consider it from a disassembly standpoint. If you rule out any gun that requires special tooling, pins or jigs to completely disassemble and reassemble, then Bersa would not work in a SHTF situation. CZs would be out as well as many other great guns. I don't know if an M9 would make the list since I've never disassembled one.

1911s, Hi Powers and Glocks would be fine though.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Ruger?? Seriously?

Were you dropped on your head or did you get a 1 in a Million lemon??

Taurus is absolutely top of that list... Cheap knock-offs of most Beretta designs typically with poor triggers or overly stiff triggers.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan

The absolute worst handgun for SHTF is the one you don’t havewith you cause its ( name the excuse) in the car, back at home, buried underground with the 1,000,000,000 rounds you amassed preparing for SHTF days.

Top Bottom