• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Colt Python. Action too delicate for shooting any volume. Bore diameter was overcut. Cylinder chambers varied. However it was a pretty gun. I soon discovered why you never see them in competition. Not shooters. Just for looking at. My cheap model 10 ran circles around this junk.

Thought I would list an American made gun as the fore mentioned imports hold true to substandard.

I was getting ready to post the same thing. I had a Python. Beautiful gum. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with the damned thing. The S&W 66 that replaced it is good enough that pretty much anything I can see is in trouble if I want it shot.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Llamma 45 Mini Max, wasn't Mine thank god, It was brought to me to see if it could be fixed.. It couldn't be..
    My ole Buddy Marcus bought it, Rest in Peace bud, Looked like a Para P-12 & that was it, Total JUNK..
    He traded it at Keisler's before they were Orion for a MAK90 & that started an obsesion with AKs for Him..
    I have never seen a such a misfit piece of garbage in my life, I've been shooting for 48 years & still have never seen such rubbish..
    Hey it would fire the first shot every time & Jam & Jam & Jam, Should have come with a piece of toast..
    We found an extra magazine for it, that wasn't the problem, just loose fitting parts that where sharp as a razor..
    If you ever see one RUN don't walk away from it quickly.. It's FOOLS GOLD for sure.. Almost reminded me of a Jennings J-22 which is another story of a useless pistol we'll call Jelly = Jam..

wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    I hate to hear this about the PMR 30. I was very interested in possibly getting one. I'm so happy I started this thread. This has been very entertaining. I've heard about the Sig Mosquito jamming. I've seen them run flawlessly and other jam all the time. With a .22 I always suspect the ammo 1st. It's just my go to 1st step. But as stated foreign made weapons of the more affordable line usually have lots of finish and fitment issues.

Last edited:

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I was getting ready to post the same thing. I had a Python. Beautiful gum. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with the damned thing. The S&W 66 that replaced it is good enough that pretty much anything I can see is in trouble if I want it shot.

This is kind of interesting to hear... Never really had any experience with them, handled one a couple times never shot one though. Found a lot of other guns Id rather spend the money on myself. Nothing ever really stood out about it to me, like the "I HAVE to have that gun" feeling that I get with some guns I see.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    To be honest, I've not bought anything that's commonly considered to be outright junk (Lorcin, Bryco, Jennings, etc) - but I have had a couple of handguns that I soon got out of and upgraded into something more mainstream and even more reliable.

If I remember right, one of the first handguns I bought myself for carrying was a KelTec P11. Used. From Bradis. Rough & Rudimentary. Quite a simple machine. Chugged right along. Great capacity for such a little gun. I don't remember having any issues with it at all. These days, if I were going to have a KelTec, It'd be a P11.

Second was a Beretta 9000s. Space gun. But it was FAT in the hand. Not all that ergonomic. HORRIBLY stiff DA trigger. Incredibly horribly stiff. And an even more horribly incredibly stiff manual safety (slide mounted, of course). I think I carried it 3-4 times before I realized what an awful carry gun it was. But, again, I don't remember any functional problems with it. It also looked pretty cool.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I still own it... Sig Mosquito.

I keep it around because my son is learning how to shoot with it. I bought it new probably 6-7 years ago and I don’t thinks it’s ever fed all of the CCI mini-mags without a failure to eject on the last round.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Llama 1911 was the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever owned. The feed ramp on the frame was under cut so bad that it would not feed a single round out of a magazine. Even if you could finagle a round into the chamber, you could not hit the side of a barn with it....even if you were standing inside the barn. I gave it to a buddy (full disclosure) who eventually cut it up and pitched it.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Raven Arms Mp25.

Did not have a slide release, so wouldn't lock open on last rounds. Shot 50 rounds, with about every third or fourth round jamming. It was very small, fit in the palm of my hand, but was incredibly heavy and bulky. Small enough to put in a pocket, but heavy enough to rip your pants pocket while walking.

After shooting a box through it, I took it apart to clean and the safety lever literally just fell into pieces. Also after putting it back together several times to get it right, the "loaded chamber indicator" would no longer indicate.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I hate to hear this about the PMR 30. I was very interested in possibly getting one. I'm so happy I started this thread. This has been very entertaining. I've heard about the Sig Mosquito jamming. I've seen them run flawlessly and other jam all the time. With a .22 I always suspect the ammo 1st. It's just my go to 1st step. But as stated foreign made weapons of the more affordable line usually have lots of finish and fitment issues.
    The PMR30 isn’t bad, but are very particular about how you load the mag. I think keltec even has a video on their site addressing the issue. I know quite a few people who had problems with them at first, then got the loading corrected, and now they run fine.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Kahr CW380, never ran a single full magazine without FTF. Extractor work improved that to maybe finishing a magazine 50% of the time with one specific ammo brand.

RIA M200 .38, occasionally the trigger would lock up until you unloaded the gun and wrenched the trigger back at about 25 pounds to break it loose, and then dry fired about 20 times to make sure it would run when you loaded and fired it.

ATI 1911, actually runs great today but required multiple parts swaps, a trip to the factory, and some gunsmith work to get it there.

ATI Milsport AR upper, gas block crooked from the factory, barrel shot the worst groups I've ever seen in an AR.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I can't say I've ever had a bad handgun, some were basket cases when I bought them, but I've always managed to get them to perform. The Colt 1877 Lightning would be my only exception and that's only because it doesn't work for long before breaking, but when working performs as it should. I must be the exception on Pythons and Diamondbacks, mine work well in addition to being good looking.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Id have to go with pmr30. Was a blast to shoot but unfortunately you could rarely run a full mag without a jam of some sort, which took most the fun out of it

it took about a thousand rounds but mine runs like a top now!, but I read online that for the first 1000 rounds, only load 25 and keep it lubed well, now it can load 30 and man is it fun now!!!

but my hugest pos was a tie between my tec9 would get 3-4 jams a magazine, or my colt anaconda went back to the factory 3 times to be fixed (and still wasn't when I sold it at a gunshow)

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I wasn't going to admit to it, but one of my first pistols was a Lorcin 380. I don't know if I could ever get more that two rounds to fire in a row.

One of the magazines came apart while I was loading it.

My family now has a saying, "everybody has to buy their Lorcin". It is a learning experience.

Don't buy cheap guns just because they're cheap!

Top Bottom