• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So my CLEO signed off on my suppressor today and I sent off my form 4s I never thought it would be so dang easy...but now I have a few questions.

1. Do I need to bring anything with me when I take it shooting?

2. Can I bring it to Illinois to shoot on my parents farm?

3. How will I ever be able to afford all the cool stuff I can now get. I need some new hosts, another suppressor...ooh a SBR is a must!

Last edited:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So my CLEO signed off on my suppressor, never thought it would be so dang easy...but now I have a few questions.

1. Do I need to bring anything with me when I take it shooting?

2. Can I bring it to Illinois to shoot on my parents farm?

3. How will I ever be able to afford all the cool stuff I can now get. I need some new hosts, another suppressor...ooh a SBR is a must!

have you sent off your signed Form 4 to the BATF yet??? :dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    1. I keep a copy of the papers in the case with the suppressor. Not the originals, mind you, but a copy complete with the stamp.

2. IANAL. Don't know Illinois state laws regarding suppressors. No Fed law against taking it with you to your family's farm.

3. Clearly you're just going to have to win the lottery.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    That's a quick turn around for the CLEO. They usually seem to sit on it for a couple weeks.

Once I decided I wanted to dip my toe in the NFA pool, my first call was to the PD. I asked to speak with the Chief, and his Secretary asked what it was regarding. I told her I wanted to speak with him about signing off on a NFA item and she immediately responded, "drop them off and I'll call you when they are ready".
    I was skeptical, but she was right! Now I want to do some more before we get a new CLEO!

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I asked the person who asked the phone at my local Sheriff Dept if the Sheriff was class III friendly and she informed me "not friendly but won't deny unless need be" so that was the Green light for me.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Everybody talks about this waiting for Sheriff for days or weeks. Everytime I have went in for my sign off the longest I've had to wait is 10 minutes. The Sheriff comes out, looks over the forms, while we make small talk and signs off. I get more problems out of the girl doing my fingerprints wanting to argue about how many fingerprint cards I need to do.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Congrats on the sign off. For the CLEO in my area to sign off it took exactly two weeks. Sent them out the same day and now I got 6-8 months to wait.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    It took three days for the Sheriff to sign off on my paperwork. I thought it was fairly quick. The girl who did my fingerprints told me it could take up to a week it didn't. So paperwork in the mail on January 25th and now the wait. With any luck I will have my SBR by the 4th of July. :patriot:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Still waiting for my Form 4 to come back. It took two days at SBPD to be signed. Just dropped off a Form 1 today for a MP5 clone SBR. My Form 4 should be coming soon, sent it out last September.

Top Bottom