• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central

I just wanted to pass this along to you guys. I have no affiliation with Wondercide and gain nothing from this. My wife and I try to be as healthy as we can and the thought of putting permethrin clothes in my wife's washing machine put her through the roof. She found Wondercide and I thought I was going to get eaten alive...

I've been using this for the last year and a half. The only times I have had ticks on me is when I hadn't sprayed. Sighted a gun in back in December, thought I'd be OK without spraying. I walked into the field twice...tick on my neck. I spent the last 2 days clearing that same 1.5 acre field with a weed eater (I know...stupid, but I saved $). Not a single tick on me. Thats 20 hours spent out there in that field. I thought for sure I was going to have atleast 1. I cleared brush piles and everything. I know they are there in spades.

The best part is, it's safe. I spray it on me while my clothes are on. I reapplied a couple times each day. It is also for pets.

Just some food for thought. Maybe going to a party or an event outdoors. Give your shoes and jeans a spray!

I was skeptical, but after the last 2 days not getting any on me, I'm sold on this stuff.

I should note: I have the Cedarwood. The wife tried the Lemongrass and the bees loved her! So there's your warning for that scent.

Last edited:

ShotgunGuitarist

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2024
    Nashville, IN
    I’m skeptical, but I think I’ll try it. I’d try anything… the ticks have gotten so bad around here it’s really messing up my good time. I know so many people in southern Indiana here that have gotten Alpha Gal from ticks, and it’s a nightmare. Permethrin seems to work well, but I’ve it’s a synthetic replacement for a chemical found in the Chrysanthemum flower. I try to use actual organic Chrysanthemum pyrethrin.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ticks are legion here in the GSF and always hungry. The gardener and I use permethrin all the time. I'll look into this stuff as it's good to have a back up.

I did an experiment once wearing white and no repellent, collected over 60 ticks in an hour of walking around. We call this tick-a -minute land.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I do use Permethrin SFR and Nygard around the house outside. I spray with 100' all around the house. Last year I sprayed every 4 weeks, but this house was not lived in for a couple years so the wildlife took back the landscape! I'm thinking I may go every 6 weeks this year. After spraying the yard, I could see the ticks walking on the driveway to get out of the grass! I know I had a ton here. That wondercide has worked. I was 90% a believer but after this past weekend, I'm 100% certain it works.

I walked every square foot of this field with a freaking weed eater, in that grass. No ticks.

20240302_101355.jpg 20240303_175445.jpg

TAB30-06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2023
    Otterbein
    I’ll be looking into this. Been trying to find better alternatives for our kids. Google did turn up a lawsuit filed against them that was settled out of court.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette

I just wanted to pass this along to you guys. I have no affiliation with Wondercide and gain nothing from this. My wife and I try to be as healthy as we can and the thought of putting permethrin clothes in my wife's washing machine put her through the roof. She found Wondercide and I thought I was going to get eaten alive...

I've been using this for the last year and a half. The only times I have had ticks on me is when I hadn't sprayed. Sighted a gun in back in December, thought I'd be OK without spraying. I walked into the field twice...tick on my neck. I spent the last 2 days clearing that same 1.5 acre field with a weed eater (I know...stupid, but I saved $). Not a single tick on me. Thats 20 hours spent out there in that field. I thought for sure I was going to have atleast 1. I cleared brush piles and everything. I know they are there in spades.

The best part is, it's safe. I spray it on me while my clothes are on. I reapplied a couple times each day. It is also for pets.

Just some food for thought. Maybe going to a party or an event outdoors. Give your shoes and jeans a spray!

I was skeptical, but after the last 2 days not getting any on me, I'm sold on this stuff.

I should note: I have the Cedarwood. The wife tried the Lemongrass and the bees loved her! So there's your warning for that scent.
    Thanks! Just ordered on Amazon. Certainly need something for the range!

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I’ll be looking into this. Been trying to find better alternatives for our kids. Google did turn up a lawsuit filed against them that was settled out of court.
    I handle insurance claims so I know what people sue companies for. They probably sprayed it on their face and in their eyes for maximum coverage! Lol

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I am extremely dubious though of "natural" products that claim to be more effective than manufactured chemicals. I want "most effective at killing things" not "safest and most eco-friendly"... Curious if other members here had similar experiences or different ones. I just want to nuke the @#$% ticks.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I am extremely dubious though of "natural" products that claim to be more effective than manufactured chemicals. I want "most effective at killing things" not "safest and most eco-friendly"... Curious if other members here had similar experiences or different ones. I just want to nuke the @#$% ticks.
    I'm like you. "Better Living Through Chemistry" and a big Permethrin fan, but the smell does give me a headache. I'll be looking for this Wondercide stuff.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I sprayed down this afternoon with Wondercide and went out to fight with my Ramcharger. I was sitting on the ground for a good hour in front of my garage (I'm deep in the woods) fighting with rounded lug nuts and chrome lug nut covers coming off (worst manufacturing idea ever) Low and behold a dog tick is crawling up the tire right in front of my face! I figured I would have atleast 1 on me being a static target on the ground. Nope. I would assume that guy avoided me because of the spray and climbed up the tire because that's right where I was breathing. They are drawn to carbon dioxide.

Just another testament for this stuff.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I sprayed down this afternoon with Wondercide and went out to fight with my Ramcharger. I was sitting on the ground for a good hour in front of my garage (I'm deep in the woods) fighting with rounded lug nuts and chrome lug nut covers coming off (worst manufacturing idea ever) Low and behold a dog tick is crawling up the tire right in front of my face! I figured I would have atleast 1 on me being a static target on the ground. Nope. I would assume that guy avoided me because of the spray and climbed up the tire because that's right where I was breathing. They are drawn to carbon dioxide.

Just another testament for this stuff.

Gonna need to see pics of said Ramcharger.

I sprayed myself and my boys while we built this...tick free and smelling good!

20240313_182138.jpg

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    Glad to hear you got some and it works for you too!

1990 Father in-law gave it to me. It's a bit rough underneath, but they still make all the panels and pans for it so they are pretty cheap.
    IMG-20240129-WA0001.jpg IMG-20240129-WA0003.jpg

Top Bottom