• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yet another case of an overzealous little tyrant from the last bastion of freedumb. Yeah, another Texas cop has made the news for being a douchebag. Here we have the case of a cop chasing down and tackling a woman who didn't want to talk to him. Not unreasonable, given their history as a profession in the long horn state. No charges filed against her and nothing's going to be done to officer dumbass. Why people like that third world crap hole police state is beyond me.

Woman says Whitehouse police unfairly arrested her - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Texas is a huge place and the vast majority of the people there never experience anything like this.

I lived there for 9 years and I never even knew of anyone that did. I imagine there are cases like that is most of the states in this country.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I can just imagine what his wife looks like.

images_zps5ff09eef.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The guy is an idiot. Tyler is a pretty nice area, not the kind of place a cop has to manhandle a woman. It is NOT against the law to walk down either side of the street. He needs a new job, one without a badge and gun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe she's just too paranoid, causing the suspicion to occur when she "resisted" the encounter?
    Certainly an unbiased, non-editorialized option.

Why people like that third world crap hole police state is beyond me.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Maybe she's just too paranoid, causing the suspicion to occur when she "resisted" the encounter?
    Certainly an unbiased, non-editorialized option.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

Not really. The sentiment has been stewing quite awhile now.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Another cop bashing thread, the woman was walking on the wrong side of the road people. She deserved to be tackled, other cops said so. That is what she gets for not respecting the officers authoritah. We should all be happy this woman will no longer be walking on the wrong side of the road.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    What did the cop (Ponch orJohn) claim he wanted to speak to the law abiding woman about before she was creeped out and tried to ignor him?
    Dude was probably mad she would give him no play.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Is it illegal to walk on the wrong side of the road?
    in texas, it is apparently...

Sec. 552.006. USE OF SIDEWALK. (a) A pedestrian may not walk along and on a roadway if an adjacent sidewalk is provided and is accessible to the pedestrian.
    (b) If a sidewalk is not provided, a pedestrian walking along and on a highway shall if possible walk on:
    (1) the left side of the roadway; or
    (2) the shoulder of the highway facing oncoming traffic.
    (c) The operator of a vehicle emerging from or entering an alley, building, or private road or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian approaching on a sidewalk extending across the alley, building entrance or exit, road, or driveway.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system."

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm just glad the LEO got home safely after this interaction. Coming face to face with such a hardened criminal must have been quite scary. I'm really surprised she wasn't tazed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    in texas, it is apparently...

Sec. 552.006. USE OF SIDEWALK. (a) A pedestrian may not walk along and on a roadway if an adjacent sidewalk is provided and is accessible to the pedestrian.
    (b) If a sidewalk is not provided, a pedestrian walking along and on a highway shall if possible walk on:
    (1) the left side of the roadway; or
    (2) the shoulder of the highway facing oncoming traffic.
    (c) The operator of a vehicle emerging from or entering an alley, building, or private road or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian approaching on a sidewalk extending across the alley, building entrance or exit, road, or driveway.

Huh, that's crazy. Do they really need to legislate this?

Top Bottom