Woman caught on tape stealing an 8-year olds' Christmas present!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :twocents:Well....for fairness, I just finished reading the 20 pages of this fiasco that I previously skipped. I feel like I would have reacted similarly to the OP. I must say though, lesson learned in turning videos over to the cyber world. This thing got blown way out of proportion. In the end, it was petty theft. Child or not, it was theft under $50. People do this crap all the time. I'm not shocked or suprised. Now a house is burned down. Now what is justifiable revenge for an action like that? The person responsible is using petty theft to justify Arson, reckless endangerment, and possibly attempted homocide. See, this is what's wrong with society today. A bunch of chain reactions.....stemmed from escalationg justifications and blame.

Is it the OP's fault that this happened.?.....no....of course not. But look at what has transpired as a result of his decision to go public. Public humiliation by the average citizen is a relatively new frontier.....thank you internet. This should be a lesson to us all about how a new age of technology can be very powerful in more than one way.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    In case your lawyer didn't mention it (unlikely), remember, don't talk to the police! Even if you are innocent, even if you have the perfect alibi, it doesn't matter. Refer to this lecture given by a lawyer and a detective (which was on its own INGO thread not too long ago).

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

Best wishes, man.
    Caleb

I love this video....everyone needs to watch it!

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    In case your lawyer didn't mention it (unlikely), remember, don't talk to the police! Even if you are innocent, even if you have the perfect alibi, it doesn't matter. Refer to this lecture given by a lawyer and a detective (which was on its own INGO thread not too long ago).

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

Best wishes, man.
    Caleb

Hey! I love that video! I saw that a while back as well. Not to worry. I know better than to ever even get to an interview room, and if I ever found myself there, I know better than to say a word. I am a HUGE proponent of the STFU rule when dealing with police. Still, it never hurts to remind everyone. :patriot::yesway::yesway::yesway: Ask for your lawyer and then zip it. No matter what they say to you, no matter how innocent you are, and no matter what they threaten you with.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    HOLY COW! The house burned down???? Well of cousre it did. How could this thread ended any different? Theft, lies & fire. Some how our tax dollars are going to help the thief out!

Hopefully no one was seriously hurt in the making of this thread! But man it was fun while it lasted.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    She should have just kept her hands to herself, and things would be good for everyone.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    SNIP

This thing got blown way out of proportion. In the end, it was petty theft. Child or not, it was theft under $50. People do this crap all the time.

Why does it matter what the dollar value was? A thief is a thief. If a person is willing to steal a $5 toy from a child, what else have they stolen or would be willing to steal?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    wait a minute....this thread was just closed.......and now it's back!?!?.....

I pulled it because the content had been so heavily snipped that it no longer made sense, but after some high level discussions it was decided that the thread was fine so it is back in place.

So Resuscitated thread, not Zombie.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Why does it matter what the dollar value was? A thief is a thief. If a person is willing to steal a $5 toy from a child, what else have they stolen or would be willing to steal?

Well, I responded to this and then got locked out....so I sent a PM as a response only to find out that this thread mysteriously re-appeared....so here is a copy of my response to this quote that I PMed jsharmon7...

I was in the middle of typing a response to your post in the controversial "woman steals 8-year-olds Christmas present", but it closed before I had a chance to post. Anyway, here is my friendly response to your question.....you state....

"Why does it matter what the dollar value was? A thief is a thief. If a person is willing to steal a $5 toy from a child, what else have they stolen or would be willing to steal?"

Monetary value does matter. That is why they have different classifications within the law to define degrees of theft. Just like assault. If you push a guy out of line at the movie theater, you can technically get charged with assault. If you push him out of line and then proceed to bloody his nose with your fists, it is also assault. The latter example is obviously worse. I am no fan of thieves, but there is a difference between stealing a toy and stealing a car. With logic like "why does it matter what the dollar value was," you might as well just throw this lady in a cell next to Bernie Madoff.....they are both thieves right?

respecfully,
    Tony

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Well, I responded to this and then got locked out....so I sent a PM as a response only to find out that this thread mysteriously re-appeared....so here is a copy of my response to this quote that I PMed jsharmon7...

I was in the middle of typing a response to your post in the controversial "woman steals 8-year-olds Christmas present", but it closed before I had a chance to post. Anyway, here is my friendly response to your question.....you state....

"Why does it matter what the dollar value was? A thief is a thief. If a person is willing to steal a $5 toy from a child, what else have they stolen or would be willing to steal?"

Monetary value does matter. That is why they have different classifications within the law to define degrees of theft. Just like assault. If you push a guy out of line at the movie theater, you can technically get charged with assault. If you push him out of line and then proceed to bloody his nose with your fists, it is also assault. The latter example is obviously worse. I am no fan of thieves, but there is a difference between stealing a toy and stealing a car. With logic like "why does it matter what the dollar value was," you might as well just throw this lady in a cell next to Bernie Madoff.....they are both thieves right?

respecfully,
    Tony

I completely agree:)...she should be in jail for this theft.
    If someone will steal a toy, what makes you think they wouldn't steal millions of dollars? Theft is theft regardless of the value.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Theft is theft in the state of Indiana whether you steal a $2.00 candy bar or a $400 something of another. Theft is a class D Felony but can and would most likely be dropped down to a misdemeanor or even criminal conversion. The OP obviously has enough proof behind it, other than he didn't file a police report when it happened. Instead he asked for an apology. If she would have stood up to her actions she wouldn't be in the position she is in.

respecfully,
    Tony

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom