• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I typed a word, forbidden in some contexts and acceptable in others. The word stood alone. Therefore my being banned for it was at the discretion of the mod swinging the hammer. Judge, jury, and executioner (just like the INGO FAQ says).

Post at your own risk.

Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. I got an infraction for using a politically incorrect word shortly after the "use the language filter" rule was rolled out. I pointed out that my naughty word wasn't in the filter and asked if it was going to be added. To this day, my naughty word isn't in the filter and it's used without repercussions. Oh well, life goes on. You want to stay? Let it go...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We have been told that there have been bans based upon PMs in the past. Soooo, is it a better idea?

PMs must follow the rules too. I would surmise those bans were due to threats, harassment, etc. I would have no problem PMing any mod to discuss a ban without stepping out of line. I like it here or I wouldn't be pissed off about being banned in the first place. Coincidentally, I got my first negative rep ever from a mod for a post in another thread just after I got back from my two week vacation.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. I got an infraction for using a politically incorrect word shortly after the "use the language filter" rule was rolled out. I pointed out that my naughty word wasn't in the filter and asked if it was going to be added. To this day, my naughty word isn't in the filter and it's used without repercussions. Oh well, life goes on. You want to stay? Let it go...

What's the word? :popcorn:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    gangsta-bill-gates.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but it seems to me that it's none of your business.

Then don't respond publicly even if someone else did. You're a moderator, right? MODERATE.
    Seems to me you're quite happy taking sides and being part of a discussion until things don't go your way. The minute things turn, you play that moderator card. That's not what a mediator of any sort does. I won't start a thread with a poll about whether or not you should continue to moderate here, but you can bank on me voting in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom