• ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Wanted to get the forum's opinion of Wolf primers. They are pretty cheap on Wideners and have been tempted to buy some (don't recall seeing any at the 1500). Does anyone have any experiences with these, bad or good? I'd probably be looking at getting the small rifle 223 primers for AR15 loads. Thanks INGO :ingo:

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I have used Wolf small pistol for 9mm, large rifle magnum for black powder cartridge loads and low pressure smokeless loads, and large pistol for 45 cal. I can't find any reason to knock them other then the pinko communist quasi-capitalist arms merchant angle. Heck, for a while after our Apologist In Chief was anointed you could not find anything else and even Wolf was scarce! I'm stocked up now though.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Tula = Wolf

I use them for 9mm as well. They work 100% in my stock guns. I have coworkers that HATE them because they shoot IDPA or USPSA or some other gun games with fancy guns that have fancy springs and they are a little harder. You will notice them seating a slight bit tighter than other primers. I load 100 9mm rounds, put them in a box primer up, then run my finger over them. Seems like every 100 gives me 1 or 2 I take back out and give it one more push with the primer ram. Just keep an eye on it.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I have some that I get a FTF once in a while (1 in 100). Thats not good, but, thats all we could get at the time. Most of the time, they fire the second time.

I blame some on me not getting the primer seated deep enough, and using a gun with a striker vs a firing pin. :dunno:

That being said, they are good enough for me for plinking. I normally get CCI's thru Pro Fire, for the ones that count....;)

Top Bottom