• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Is it possible? Has a sleeping giant been awakened? The next few years could prove to be very exciting, one way or another!!

I sure hope so! There has been some scuttle butt floating around that if we get lucky enough to get a R for a governor this time around one of the first things to happen next year will be a CC bill passing and signed into law. 'bout damned time. I feel naked walking around here...

I hope the hippies retire soon.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I sure hope so! There has been some scuttle butt floating around that if we get lucky enough to get a R for a governor this time around one of the first things to happen next year will be a CC bill passing and signed into law. 'bout damned time. I feel naked walking around here...

I hope the hippies retire soon.

I hope they keep your right to legal open carry as well. I travel to and from Wisconsin every year to visit family, fish, and shoot the inheritance guns. I "casually conceal" in Indiana. I'm not a fan of CC-only laws.

Last edited:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I hope they keep your right to legal open carry as well. I travel to and from Wisconsin every year to visit family, fish, and shoot the inheritance guns. I "casually conceal" in Indiana. I'm not a fan of CC-only laws.

You raise a valid concern. Some of these politicians might write out the OC law in lieu of signing off on CC. Apparently, the OC law was on the books for a long time and it took time for a good AG to say yeah, it's valid. That drove a lot of people nuts.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Camping in northern Wisconsin is nice.

I hope reciprocity is established so I can go up there through the UP and around there.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's about time, indeed. Woodsman, is there any scuttlebutt about whether or not the bill to be introduced will recognize other states' permission slips?

Of note, did you guys read that the judge "notes displaying weapon’s openly isn’t a “realistic alternative.”?

Two points to consider here:

1. Possessive's are not plural's ;)
    2. (looks at watch) ATM in.... three.... two... one....
    Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :eek: Open Carry "...isn't a realistic alternative?"

ETA: Oh, I forgot about the latest Madison incident. They will charge you whether you are legal or not there.

Maybe that's what he was talking about. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    It's about time, indeed. Woodsman, is there any scuttlebutt about whether or not the bill to be introduced will recognize other states' permission slips?

Of note, did you guys read that the judge "notes displaying weapon’s openly isn’t a “realistic alternative.”?

Two points to consider here:

1. Possessive's are not plural's ;)
    2. (looks at watch) ATM in.... three.... two... one....
    Blessings,
    Bill

I have not heard anything about reciprocity with other States. The general feeling is the bill will require the equivalent of the Utah 1 day training+shooting regime. If I remember I'll ask on Sunday when I head back for another class.

I do remember reading something about the judge. But then his/her remarks make as much sense as the woman who called in the terrorist alert on the guys having lunch too. Dealing loons who have access to phones is one thing, dealing with judges is another if they have a point of view they wish to impose.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The lady who called was not the problem. She was calm and even said there was no problem.

The loons that showed up are the problem.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ll_harass_people_who_follow_state_oc_law.html

Yeah, yeah. Here is her quote:

she stated" I didn't know what the law was, and I thought I should at least call so the police can come and check it out cause I didn't want to be that one person that saw guns and didn't call, and then have something terrible happen".

First off, she didn't know what the law was.

Obviously anyone wearing a gun in public, properly holstered, is a dangerous thug who is intent on creating havoc. Let's not worry about a gang-banger who has a concealed firearm stuffed in his pants because that would be profiling and racist.

Her basic premise is; anyone carrying a firearm openly is a potential suspect who intends harm. If she had not seen the firearm, it would not have bothered her. In her little world I suspect the only who can legally carry exposed firearms are LEO's. That's fine, but I think she overreacted.

This whole affair stinks to high heaven. People have become so used to the lib's "guns are evil BS" that anytime they see one in public they overreact.

I'm not going to come down on the officers right off the bat. Why? Because they have to answer to a police chief somewhere and he/she is the person setting the responses on what is acceptable (from what I understand).

Madison is in an alternate universe where black is white. Sheriff's budgets are used like pawns to balance budgets for BS programs too.

So, I'm not going to bust some guys balls first. Some of these guys are probably catching hell from both sides, which is not a fun position to be in.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, yeah. Here is her quote:

Listen to the whole call. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMQNHsNlE7Y[/ame]

As soon as she found out it was legal she basically said, 'Oh, my bad. There's no problem here.'

Then the loony happened. The cops overreacted.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Listen to the whole call. YouTube - 911 call

As soon as she found out it was legal she basically said, 'Oh, my bad. There's no problem here.'

Then the loony happened. The cops overreacted.

True. and as Woodsman said, they overreacted because that's what they've been ordered to do, but they still overreacted. Once the lady told the dispatcher "there's no problem here", in an ideal world, the dispatcher should have been able to disregard the response, but this isn't an ideal world and people have been known to threaten callers before, so yes, *A* cop needed to show up and find out that no one was being threatened, nothing being robbed, just a few guys sitting down to eat lunch. If the officer for some unknown reason had to ensure there really was no problem, the easy (and tasty!) way would have been to grab a sammich and have a seat at the next table. Instead, the department descended upon them, began making demands, etc.

Someone made the comment recently that such officers would do themselves a favor if they stopped thinking of themselves as law enforcement officers and returned to thinking of themselves as peace officers. The name is unimportant; the attitude is everything. Sit down, eat your lunch, confirm that the peace is being maintained... hell, talk about the local high school, the weather, whatever... or come in, roust the lot of them, demand IDs, etc., etc.

Now which one is going to lead the public to believe that you have their best interests at heart?

Admittedly, I'm not a cop. I've never worked a district, walked a beat, anything like that. Admittedly, these opinions are based more on human nature than they are on a LE background. I'd be interested in seeing the results of this as an experiment, though. Any LEOs know if it's ever been tried as such?

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The 911 caller seemed like a concerned citizen and certainly had no malice.

However, it is important to note that her call constitutes a "heckler's veto" which we should never allow to occur. There will be incidents, there will be police calls, but eventually there will be victory.:D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not going to come down on the officers right off the bat. Why? Because they have to answer to a police chief somewhere and he/she is the person setting the responses on what is acceptable (from what I understand).

There's not much point in swearing an oath to uphold the constitution when you view your chief's orders as superior. People who break their oath should be relieved of duty.

Top Bottom