• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    So i got a new car, and want the windows tinted. Is it alright to tint in the winter? My car is garage kept, not heated garage but stays 30-40 degrees when its cold out, and wont be driven much for the next month. I've called a few shops and get differing answers. One shop says its no biggie they tint year around. Another shop said they would pull my car into the shop, let it sit for a few hours to get the window temperatures up which makes applying the film better, they would let it sit for another few hours in the shop after its done to let it set up better. Every shop i've called said that it would take much longer until i can roll the windows down, like 10 days. Anyone with experience or thoughts?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    We bought our car in February and had the windows tinted, and its been 3 years now and I'm happy with the results. Try and park in the sun as much as possible and, DO NOT roll the windows down at all until the recommended time period has passed.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    No big deal! Only difference is it might take longer for any bubbles to work out due to the cold, full sun will help heat the glass and pull them out.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I've done it in 40 degrees before with good success.

If you are going to do it yourself purchase the precut type as they are much easier to work with than trying to fit and cut a roll of tint onto your windows.

Top Bottom