• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Be ready, there are all sorts of issues on the grid and nat gas prices are sky high.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I tested my snowblower back in September but wouldn’t start the last few weeks, but I finally got it going today. its a company holiday tomorrow so I had sharpening knives on the agenda as well. Quick question, especially for those in central Indiana, who really believes the forecast of 7-11 inches? Call me a cynic, I know.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I tested my snowblower back in September but wouldn’t start the last few weeks, but I finally got it going today. its a company holiday tomorrow so I had sharpening knives on the agenda as well. Quick question, especially for those in central Indiana, who really believes the forecast of 7-11 inches? Call me a cynic, I know.
    In northern indiana the news has been talking end of times storms twice in the past month and it ends up being nothing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mooresville area apparently they have grown tired of french toast. This round its lunchmeat and cheese. Both cases wiped out tonight at Meijer.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Only time my snow blower has ran in the past 2 years is just to move it. Work truck plows through most of it like it isnt there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    WHEN you can find it. Propane shortages all over.
    I've heard rumors on this. Filled 2 twenty lb bottles today. Asked the guy about it and he had no clue. As of right now, getting propane isn't an issue here. No increase in price either. Cost me under $30 for both

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Mooresville area apparently they have grown tired of french toast. This round its lunchmeat and cheese. Both cases wiped out tonight at Meijer.
    Just went to value market yesterday. Got Cajun turkey, sirloins were on sale so got a few, Colby cheese, and some chicken breast.

After reading the “best movie” thread I’m ready to get snowed in! I’ll eat turkey and watch movies all day

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I gave up on pre-salting for anything >2" I found it just leaves a big old wet layer of snow that is harder to shovel. YMMV.
    Down here it is almost always freezing rain or sleet followed by snow. But yeah, tonight they are saying with the very cold temps the snow will be very dry and powdery so no salting this time. Should be able to broom off the first round before work.

Also picked up five gallons of kerosene for the DuraHeat in case power goes out.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Looks like about 2" this morning and fluffy so not bad so far. I use the leaf blower on the fluffy stuff, works great for me. Snow blower won't run so ordered a new carb for it yesterday, haven't tried to use it for a couple years so gummed up badly.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    In northern indiana the news has been talking end of times storms twice in the past month and it ends up being nothing.
    Somebody is gonna get something this time. Just a question of where.

The entire states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas were under a winter storm warning yesterday. Along with large parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Kentucky. All that s**t is coming moving north east.

Today's map ain't lookin much better...

US.png

I think those of us up nort are gonna be spared the worst of it.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    they were saying 6-10 inches yesterday and I get up this morning an looks like barely 2 inches. so just more hype that didnt amount to nothing.

Top Bottom