• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Hi looking for a different barrel for it..wanting to go toward the defender or purchase a defender. right now its set up for deer hunting with a rifled barrel. Never done this any sure could use the help with this. Been looking at posts here but dont have a lot of time to and just getting use to the site..Thanks.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    whats the real question here???? Barrels are tough to come buy for the 1300...i have a 1300 and there are some stock kits and extended mag tubes...but other than that pickings are slim.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    sorry new to the posting and just found this site... never really joining anything like this...
    I am looking for a different barrel ... not sure where to look. I just found where the lists are..
    AND if I could pick up a defender that would be great.. several friends had them and I have shot many rounds thru them.
    I dont deer hunt and thought maybe I could trade my barrel for different one its a black matte finish
    .. do they make a tube extension for a regular 1300??

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Why, yes they do. TacStar Mag Tube Extension Winchester 1200 1300 12 Ga Black

And as mentioned, there is a defender barrel in the classifieds right now, unfortunately, you don't have the requisite 50 posts yet.

Personally I wouldn't trade off my slug barrel if I were you... you just never know... I have a 1300 Defender, and I'm always on the lookout for other barrels and standard magazine tube. I just don't see very many of them... They're great guns though.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have kicked around keeping it because my wife bought me the gun and it even came with a nice bushnell scope and out to 100 yards it was alot of fun to shoot.. the sabot slugs are just to salty for me and I have tried different rifled slugs and still at 100 yards I could hit a pie pan sized target... was shooting a old furnace and it sounded like your hitting it with a sledge hammer... anyway back on track ...
    I will check out the tube extender and try to find the defender barrel. Thanks and I do appreciate the help. Tim

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    the sabot slugs are just to salty for me and I have tried different rifled slugs and still at 100 yards I could hit a pie pan sized target...

haha, same experience here. The sabot slug do fine, but who pays $3-$4 per round?!?!? With normal slugs, forget 100 yards, I could barely hit a pie plate at 50 YARDS with the slug barrel on my dad's old 1100.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you can find them, Remington makes a Buckhammer slug that is made for rifled barrels, and isnt as expensive as the sabot slugs. It actually kinda reminds me of a waddcutter, and will put a deer down in a hurry. My wife has an older Winchester shotgun, and finding barrels for it has been a challenge, but I have collected a shorty, and a rifled slug barrel for it by keeping an eye open at gun shows, and watching the classifieds.

Top Bottom