Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I put unsure. I was planning on it. Then I read about this being some new kind of vaccine. So I am in the wait and see group now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Also one of my employees is now on her second COVID infections this year. Will a vaccine actually work for any significant time period?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m in the “yes, but not right away” camp. I’m still getting over the virus, so I should have antibodies for 4-12 months is what I’ve heard as the best guess on this. If all goes well with it, I’d opt for it later this summer.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Voted unsure, I've had the Chinese Virus, wasn't that bad for me, worse for wife. I'll wait until I see some results/side effects/mutations before thinking about taking it. Unless there's a chance of like jedi powers, then I'm in.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Yes, the first one available to me.

Not because I'm afraid of the clinical impact of the virus (I'm not), but because my job requires travel and I don't want to risk potentially being the one to make my parents or in-laws (who are at MUCH greater risk than an in-shape 37 year old) sick.

I know two people who participated in the Pfizer trial and one in the Moderna trial; all had simple side effects similar to influenza & tetanus vaccines (soreness at injection site, mild fatigue, elevated temp to low-mid 99s) for a day or two after each injection. None had to take any time off work. None have grown at third eye, turned into vampires or zombies, become infertile, or started receiving 5G data in their brain.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

there he is! let's get him!

for now I'm unsure. it's a hard no for my kids. I'm 43. I like my odds if I catch it. if data shows vaccine is effective and very low risk of side effects then i'll probably take it. inexpect it to be required of me anyway.

with the flu shot we can decline due to religious reasons but then we have to wear a mask the whole season. welll there will likely be zero-ish flu this year and we're already wearing masks but I had to get a flu shot anyway :dunno:

I don't like being coerced or shamed into doing things that are unlikely to benefit me by people who have done things incorrectly for months yet sit there fat and happy

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don’t have a problem with vaccines. I have a problem with a vaccine being rushed thru way too fast before anyone can see any side effects. I also have a problem with the vaccine being forced down my throat. My body, my choice!

As for your employer making it mandatory. That’s moronic. Even the CEO of Pfizer said the vaccine won’t prevent you from getting the virus, it’s so you won’t die from it. And you still have to wear a mask. So....what’s the point of making it mandatory?

Again, I’m not against the vaccine. I prefer to wait and see if it actually works without any side effects. Online, I’m already seeing health care workers develop allergic reactions to it.

That’s not good.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I don’t have a problem with vaccines. I have a problem with a vaccine being rushed thru way too fast before anyone can see any side effects. I also have a problem with the vaccine being forced down my throat. My body, my choice!

As for your employer making it mandatory. That’s moronic. Even the CEO of Pfizer said the vaccine won’t prevent you from getting the virus, it’s so you won’t die from it. And you still have to wear a mask. So....what’s the point of making it mandatory?

Again, I’m not against the vaccine. I prefer to wait and see if it actually works without any side effects. Online, I’m already seeing health care workers develop allergic reactions to it.

That’s not good.

Agreed. The data one year from now will be interesting.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Put NO for now. Maybe late summer or fall after testing on sheep is complete.

Of course the poll was a fail, no option for “Yes if they serve bacon”.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Per BBC, the two British NHS workers that had allergic reactions to the Pfizer vaccine have a history of having allergic reactions to things, such that they both carry an EpiPen.

In other words, people prone to allergic reactions had an allergic reaction and that does not mean people who aren’t prone to allergic reactions will have one from the Pfizer or any other COVID vaccine.

The media’s lack of context on this situation, as well as side effects, is driving fear of COVID vaccines in the public.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I responded "Yes" because by the time my demographic has the opportunity to get the vaccine, everybody else will have had a shot at it. (pun intended)

Any bad news or stories should be well known.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Already went through the covid "come to work, or find another job" decree.
    I'm fully anticipating a "vaccinate, or find another job" decision being handed down. My corporation did something similar (with, I think, measles) where if you were inoculated after a certain date, you were responsible for documentation of a booster shot (since later vaccines were lesser doses). This mainly affected younger to new employees. If you didn't do this and got sick, if you ran out of sick days, you be on your own until you came back. Thankfully, I fell into the old guy category.

I really would not prefer my family and I to be test subjects. We fall into the 2nd/3rd wave of who gets shots.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    a post i saw on FB physician group. I plan to investigate some of these claims later today

I and my children have had all necessary vaccines.

On that note, as a triple boarded pathologist with some expertise in virology, I will NEVER get a vaccine to any coronavirus, EVER! All coronavirus vaccines, in all mammals, have led to antibody dependent enhancement reactions. Does one form an antibody when given the current vaccine? Sure. However, there are 200 minor and five major cluster mutations with SARS cov2. These are not slow mutating viruses. After a vaccine, when exposed to a new mutation, the antibodies no longer bind avidly and can induce an overwhelming enhanced response in a high proportion of recipients, similar to the dengue and RSV vaccine disasters.

Vaccines are relatively easy to make, however, one MUST consider the family of viruses one is vaccinating against. Coronavirus are notorious for enhancement reactions. This is a guinea pig play on an unwitting public with a very predictable outcome.

Only 184 out of 15,000 got Covid in the placebo arm of the modernist trial. That is sobering to consider that 14,000+ didn’t get Covid without the vaccine.

Why would one vaccinate against a virus that has a 99.9+% survival rate under age 70, when enhancement reactions may occur in 5-20%(or more) when we encounter even the next common cold corona mutation? Say 100 million receive the vaccine. That is 5-20million potentially injured, which is staggering compared to the quarter million deceased.

The best vaccine is a pro hormone (“Vitamin”) D level above 50ng/dL , at which, one above that level does not develop a cytokine storm.
    98% in the ICU are D deficient. Focusing on improving metabolic health, fasting, decreasing obesity (a pro inflammatory state), should be the best vaccine of all. Normal D decreases risk ratios by over 90%, not just for Covid, but for influenza and all respiratory viruses. Winter is always flu and cold season because most don’t supplement in the winter and above the 37th parallel one could run outside naked in the sun from October through March and cannot synthesize D, the master key to our immune system that controls 2,000 genes (5% of our genome).

A coronavirus vaccine, Never! Optimized immune and metabolic health available for all to pursue.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes I'll take it. I've got less than 50% lung function, and good odds that im a short timer anyways. Not interested in speeding that up with the Whuhu Flu

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    a post i saw on FB physician group. I plan to investigate some of these claims later today

Thank you for posting this. My question is why they would develop this vaccine if this is common knowledge among those who would be developing such a vaccine? I’m assuming the person who posted that isn’t the only one in the world who is aware of that information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom