• Will you go Back?

• Total voters

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Everybody who hasn't been fired has a choice.

We just may not like some of them.

So since our professions are deemed essential and we are required to work even if we don't like it we should quit? And then not be eligible for unemployment ya know cause we quit? Not to mention I have to work 100 hrs a month to get my insurance or I have a self pay, which would be difficult with no unemployment.

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Been laid off a month now when BP refinery was getting itchy about a breakout happening there, id go back in a heartbeat. Going stir crazy having finished what projects I could last week :n00b:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Been laid off a month now when BP refinery was getting itchy about a breakout happening there, id go back in a heartbeat. Going stir crazy having finished what projects I could last week :n00b:

If you don't want to answer I understand. Are you able to draw unemployment + the $600?

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Yes, and thankfully I got my claim in before the system was swamped. Id rather be working though honestly. Burned two 24 packs of beer in two weeks, thats a record for me :rolleyes:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Yes, and thankfully I got my claim in before the system was swamped. Id rather be working though honestly. Burned two 24 packs of beer in two weeks, thats a record for me :rolleyes:
    Used to work with a couple of people who did a 24 pack a day. They would come to work at 6:30 A.M. reeking of beer.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My case is a little different. My employer is open, but they won't let me come back because I had surgery 6 weeks ago, and they think I am "high risk". Even though my Doc signed a release 3 weeks ago..

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Never understood how people can consume not just high amounts of alcohol, but the sheer amount of liquid intake.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My question is how many people that make less than the UI +600 a week will go back to work?

The situation I look at is a worker that makes $400.00 to 700.0 a week net on a 40-60 hr week would they not make more money unemployed?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My question is how many people that make less than the UI +600 a week will go back to work?

The situation I look at is a worker that makes $400.00 to 700.0 a week net on a 40-60 hr week would they not make more money unemployed?

That $600 is not permanent.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    We haven't stopped working, It started with 6 days a week to keep up and now, we have worked 19 out of the last 21 days and its looking like the next 2-4 weeks will be the same.
    I hit the right age this aug, my older sons enlistment is up soon unless he gets extended. I might be done this fall and turn it over to him and be done when this is back to normal...
    I'm ****ing tired...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Anyone who was forced out of a job they liked and wants to retain it. I imagine a lot of employers will call they people back to work and those who choose not to will be replaced.

...but sure, some people will take advantage of it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    HoughMade,
    You gotta stop making sense and I don’t know how your still a lawyer being honest and having a soul and all.

I think a loophole exists where you could be called back to work and claim you cannot find child care do Covid19 and stay on UI?

Yeah always gonna be some people abusing a system made to help people.

Top Bottom