• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since this is all about all of psychics looking into crystal balls, I'll throw my two cents in as well. Yes, prices will go back down, but not anytime soon. Guns and ammo are at all time high and availability sucks. Personally I'm shocked and amazed that magazines are still readily available and at good prices. So while you can't buy ammo, make sure you buy all the mags you'd ever want for any gun you'd ever want. Once Biden takes office, I think that any mag over 10rds capacity will have a target on it's back and be banned.

Honestly, it's just another cycle of the same old rinse wash and repeat. During the Obama / Sandy Hook time there was panic buying and you couldn't find 22lr for years. Then when it finally did come back in stock people walked right on past it because they had no more sense of urgency. The same people that though they had enough 9mm ammo when it was $10 or less per box of 50 are now scrambling to buy the same ammo for 3 or 4 times that same price. Remember the "Trump Slump" when he took office and companies were giving away guns and ammo at break even prices? Gun stores went out of business because everyone interested in guns and ammo had maxed their budgets during the Obama years.

The fact that so many people have been through all of this before and continue to repeat the stupidity of now stacking up when it's cheap is really a testimony to how stupid some gun owners really are. When 9mm is $10 they walk on past, but when it's $50 a box they rush to buy as much of it as they can. I just don't get it.

Bottom Line: Yes, prices will drop at some point, but most people will be too darn dumb to make it a priority to buy some extra and put it aside. Learn the lessons of this round of panic buying and shortages, and the next time you see a thousands of rounds of 22lr for $100 or less then that's when you buy. When you see 9mm at $10 or under shipped to your door, that's when you buy. When prices are like they are right now, buy a pellet gun replica of whatever you'd like to shoot and practice with that, it's better than nothing.

Dragunov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    United States
    Thats what I'm doing. I feel like as long as you have space, keep it all. ‍♂️
    Hard to tell. The Georgia Senate election, the former MPD Officer Chauvin trial and possible riots, possible mass shooting events once we are allowed to gather in groups again post-Covid...

(I figured Obama was the death-knell for the 2nd, which I thought confirmed after Sandy Hook. Instead we saw a golden age of weapons and ammo during his last couple of years in office.)

For now, sit on what you got. I am!

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was out in Valpo the other day. Decided to pop in to Blythe's. Asked the counter guy how the ammo inventory was. He chuckled and said nada.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was out in Valpo the other day. Decided to pop in to Blythe's. Asked the counter guy how the ammo inventory was. He chuckled and said nada.

In one of the threads the owner of Tim's Guns in Westfield said they didn't have a customer base to support case lots, probably like a lot of retail shops. The customers for bulk have largely gone online and left us with few options to purchase bulk local. Why would we expect any other answer?

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    In one of the threads the owner of Tim's Guns in Westfield said they didn't have a customer base to support case lots, probably like a lot of retail shops.

I have to wonder if that's more of a " don't want to invest a lot of money" on inventory thing. People are looking for ammo, just not ridiculous priced ammo. On that note I do wonder how much manufacturers cost has gone up in relation to what it is actually being sold for on the street. All the middlemen jacking it up?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't think the GA races matter all that much. Either way we'll maybe get a convenient new mass shooting, the republicans will blow some hot air about protecting the second amendment, and we're kinda screwed.

With the marxists advocating gun control (and getting the votes of some folks here), a "convenient mass shooting" is almost guranteed.

Top Bottom