• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm looking for a new pair of shooting shades and have decided on Wiley X as my brand of choice for this. Does anyone know if there are any local Indianapolis stores stocking them? Gander has them but they're web only. Dicks also didn't have them in the store. I want to make sure the pair I get is wide enough for my fat head so I'd like to try them on first.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I'm a big fan of Wileys. I've had two pairs of P-17s and one Zak. The dealer locator doesn't show many options for the Indy area. Your best bet may be to order several pairs/styles on Amazon and ship back what you don't want.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Some local optometry shops carry them I believe. I was looking at them last year and a few small optometrists in the area had them. I ended up going a different direction, but check the Wiley website for local vendors.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm looking for a new pair of shooting shades and have decided on Wiley X as my brand of choice for this. Does anyone know if there are any local Indianapolis stores stocking them? Gander has them but they're web only. Dicks also didn't have them in the store. I want to make sure the pair I get is wide enough for my fat head so I'd like to try them on first.

The Walmart Vision Center carries them. Available in RX or non RX

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Kevin Reckley on the Southside stocks them. That is where I get mine. I love them. Lately I have been wearing peltor safety glasses to the range. I wear my Willeys as everyday sunglasses. -Jason

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been wearing my 3M Fuel safety glasses for several years now, every day AND at the range. Nothing wrong with them, I just want a change. I'll see if I can't get down there this week sometime, or maybe next Saturday.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A fellow fat head here. I've long had a passion to hate most sun/safety glasses because the were always too tight on my head. I found these at my local Ace Hardware store for $15. They are a perfect fit. The hinges are futher back than most other glasses so when they are closed, they aren't the smallest package. I had to order a goggle case off Amazon ($5) to keep them in. But the dents above my ears are almost gone. They last quite a while too.

https://www.amazon.com/7010-884-0316-Timbersports-Glasses/dp/B005DC1I5Q

Amazon link^^^^

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Big, big,huge fan of Wiley's WX P-17. I use them for prescription sun glasses and they are awesome. I've had 2 pair in 15 or so years and still use the original pair, very durable.

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    I have a prescription / transitions pair of Wiley X Jake frames that I use as safety glass here on the job. Great frames that also came with the removable foam face seal that snaps into place to make them goggles. BTW, I'm also a member of the Fat Head Club, and have no problems with these frames squeezing my big ole melon!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You may also want to inquire of area bike shops. They tend to carry plenty of eyewear as well. Don't know about Wiley-X in particular, but it'd be worth a call to inquire.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I found myself up in Chesterton this weekend, stopped by Bass Pro in Portage, and they stock them. Picked up a pair of Echos with polarized/emerald mirror lenses.

Top Bottom