Wife's new AR, I married up(rifle is cool also)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I took her to an Appleseed, that got her hooked. Then when she joined Ingo some of y'all told her that meant I had to get her a new rifle. I have always wanted to build a retro AR, so...
    picture.php

I wanted it to be light weight so I used a Colt A1 upper, A1 stock and handguards, 20" pencil barrel and three prong flash hider. It handles well and she(wife) was tearing up my 3" steel plate with it tonight. Broke it in with 70 rounds of my reloads and it functioned perfectly. LC brass, 24. something of WC844 and wolf primers.
    picture.php

picture.php

Happy mothers day also!
    (doubt I'll get away with that but I'ts worth a try;))

Krainw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Nice Try! Happy Mother's Day! HAHAHAHA! I loved shooting it, but that was clearly my "joining INGO" gun. ;) I'll let you know what I want for Mother's Day! ;)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Nice Try! Happy Mother's Day! HAHAHAHA! I loved shooting it, but that was clearly my "joining INGO" gun. ;) I'll let you know what I want for Mother's Day! ;)

Congrats on your "joining INGO" gun! That's one good looking AR you have there.

Maybe for Mothers Day you should ask for an equally nice M1911A1! :D

dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    Looks good! Hey I just noticed something, isn't that an A2 barrel? I see a slight step-down about an inch before the flash-hider. Could be wrong though.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    She already has a 1911, it was intended to be a Christmas gift for me years ago but when she read the paper work on the 4473 she decided it was hers, but I could shoot it occasionally;)

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Looks good! Hey I just noticed something, isn't that an A2 barrel? I see a slight step-down about an inch before the flash-hider. Could be wrong though.

You're right! I did not know that detail before. Now I have to build another one and get it right, thanks a lot!

Krainw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    She already has a 1911, it was intended to be a Christmas gift for me years ago but when she read the paper work on the 4473 she decided it was hers, but I could shoot it occasionally;)

Yep, True Story. I am nice enough to let him reload my cases for me, though!

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Where do you guys find these women who like guns?!?!?!

I live in stupid, liberal Northern Indianapolis where I have to explain myself just cuz I carry a gun.

:sighs: Idiots. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom