• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Couple of years ago I built up a LR-308 lower and assembled it with a purchased upper. Over the last year I decided to stock up on some AR lowers (already have 2 in my stash) and finish up at least one AR. I have promised one to my son as he also is intending to build a second AR. I had seen some at a table a couple of months ago with great prices, and (later) decided to buy one or two.

I didn't expect to have any problem finding some at a GS! However the last two gun shows I attended ~ last month in Kokomo and yesterday in Lafayette ~ NO ONE had an AR lower at the show!

I am kicking myself for not buying them when they were on the table but sure didn't think I would have any problem finding more. Anyone have any idea why Vendors are not bringing them to shows?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Lots of folks are buying stripped lowers at bargain prices and just sticking them in their safe. It's an election year.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I spoke with a couple of my "favorite" vendors at the 1500 and all of them said essentially the same thing: they are having trouble keeping them in stock. The $50-$85 lowers are selling as soon as they are getting them in stock. J&M in Greenfield usually has them but even they didn't have any at the 1500 or Stout Field shows. Just keep looking and asking. A lot of vendors don't always put them out as the profit margin isn't as good as complete firearms. Ask and they may have a couple under the table.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Why no good prices on anything worth while at gun shows?

Wondered the same. I think it's the overhead the dealers have. They have travel time and pay per table to rent. I only go to sell anymore or to possibly pick up powder.

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I didn't expect to have any problem finding some at a GS! However the last two gun shows I attended ~ last month in Kokomo and yesterday in Lafayette ~ NO ONE had an AR lower at the show!

Actually I saw three vendors have lowers. Darkside Armory had some well priced Anderson Lowers. One of which I picked up for 57 including tax. Of the others there was one that had three, one of which was this weird green polymer, another was a polymer lower from the company that uses that Godfather Font, with the last having I think a magpul setup. The last vendor had a m4 collapsable stock attached.
    I assume maybe they were bought up or you just simply missed them.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    ZX guns had Anderson AR 15 lowers at the last Indy 1500 for $70, and Rural King has Anderson lowers for $60. Rural King currently has the Anderson lowers on sale for $44

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Actually I saw three vendors have lowers. Darkside Armory had some well priced Anderson Lowers. One of which I picked up for 57 including tax. Of the others there was one that had three, one of which was this weird green polymer, another was a polymer lower from the company that uses that Godfather Font, with the last having I think a magpul setup. The last vendor had a m4 collapsable stock attached.
    I assume maybe they were bought up or you just simply missed them.

Could be they just sold out. I take my son, he works on Saturday so I have to attend on Sunday. I did ask a couple of the FFL vendors (ones with firearms) ~ none had any. I don't want any Polymers, don't like tupperware, but didn't even see any of those.

Plan to go to Kokomo next show in a couple of weeks maybe they will have some. Didn't know RK carried any, have one in Frankfort so I will visit soon and check...

Top Bottom