• ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    WOW... over a sign...
    That sign was an integral part of his business. Without it people driving by wouldn;t know what he was selling. He would lose business. Not sure I would have jumped on the hood for my sign, but I sure might have broken out some of his windows.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    That sign was an integral part of his business. Without it people driving by would;t know what he was selling. He would lose business. Not sure I would have jumped on the hood for my sign, but I sure might have broken out some of his windows.

Thats the part my WOW was about.. Don't think I would risk my life for that, but a few broken window's... Yes...

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    As stupid as this is, what about it makes you want to move to another state? Which one was you? Similar random acts of stupid stuff are capable of happening anywhere.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    As stupid as this is, what about it makes you want to move to another state? Which one was you? Similar random acts of stupid stuff are capable of happening anywhere.
    I think the implication is that it happens more there than here, but not being there I'm speculating.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah... Jumping on the hood - guy was an idiot.

From the explanation his sign was in the roadway/in the way of traffic. The guy in the truck should have just moved it out of the way but probably assumed the guy would just move it back.

Donno... Wasn't there.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What charges do you feel would be appropriate? Let's pretend it happened in Indiana for simplicity sake.

I was thinking at first something like endangerment because the driver didnt stop when the guy jumped on the truck, but now that I think about it, if somebody jumped on my hood, I don't think I would stop either.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    How about theft?
    Theft would apply under Indiana code as you would be depriving somebody else of their property... What do you think would happen if it went to court? [Just curious, not putting down your guess.]

I was thinking at first something like endangerment because the driver didnt stop when the guy jumped on the truck, but now that I think about it, if somebody jumped on my hood, I don't think I would stop either.
    Would the driver be responsible if something happened to the guy on the hood I wonder?

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy

Well, sorry I didn't use the sarcasm font, but this isn't why I'm moving. I'm moving to be closer to family, just thought it was a ridiculous story and the type of stuff that actually happens quite a bit in Baton Rouge. Check the BR news site every once in a while. My wife and I stopped watching the news around 4 years ago.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, sorry I didn't use the sarcasm font, but this isn't why I'm moving. I'm moving to be closer to family, just thought it was a ridiculous story and the type of stuff that actually happens quite a bit in Baton Rouge. Check the BR news site every once in a while. My wife and I stopped watching the news around 4 years ago.
    Yeah, some around here can't sense sarcasm when you don't use your purple :).

I've been guilty of it a few times myself... Text can be a difficult medium to properly convey emotion.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

Let me be the first to say Welcome Back to Indiana! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom