• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I don't remember what reason I gave earlier for open carrying, but now that I've read the opinions of those...um...gentlemen...at officer.com, I have a new reason to open carry.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I don't remember what reason I gave earlier for open carrying, but now that I've read the opinions of those...um...gentlemen...at officer.com, I have a new reason to open carry.

Gentlemen?
    After reading their garbage, that word would never enter my mind.

I have resolved to OC every chance I get now too.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It is interesting that it never occurs to the folks in that officer.com thread that someone might OC in part to make other citizens aware of their 2A rights.

Or that someone might consider it "desensitization" (simply getting people more used to seeing armed citizens. Or that it's simply more comfortable to OC than to CC in many circumstances. Or that someone may prefer to have readier access to the firearm should it be needed. Or that someone may think open carry offers a better deterrent to crime than CC.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So CCers like in the closet?

Well I started the thread and I never said that, but it could be.

On the other hand, I'm not an IN YOUR FACE type of a guy looking for a confrontation with anyone, I don't 'wear my dick on my hip' as some police officers seem to think, but when I OC it is my choice and it is actually very very rare that anyone even notices. I guess I don't see what the big deal is that the police made of it on their website.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There is a link back to this thread directly now. Cool.:rockwoot:

I don't think some of those posters (just like some here) have ever considered that there may be more than one side to the debates that people have used to form their choices of carry method.

This shows up by going beyond a defense of your personal choice and knocking all others.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I loved this quote from a RETIRED Indiana Police Officer . . .
    55-502 said:
    Since Indiana is the only State that issues a lifetime permit, and is one of the few to allow open carry . . .
    He was corrected by another officer who indicated, correctly, that the majority of states allow open carry. Clearly there is a lot of misinformation among officers as they assert their legal opinions as fact.

Many of the posts are comical in their errors, but some of these 'comical' but inaccurate legal opinions could cause each of us a lot of unwarranted grief. Still, I will Open Carry as I see fit and did so this morning while drinking coffee in a shop with my real estate partner. Funny thing, NOBODY even noticed the shiny Detonics 45 on my hip.

Last edited:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I thought about joining their forum to ask them to visit us and try to have an open and honest discussion. The more I read though, the more it seemed they would just act superior and question why a civilian registered on their site.

I found it funny that there was an attitude about being educated concerning the law by mere civilians. Well yeah, I've had to tell two police officers that OC is allowed in Indiana with the LTCH and I know others have had to do the same. It's not our fault that some of them are less informed than we are on that particular issue. Then again, it's not all that funny when having to deal with someone like that face to face, who thinks their job is enforcing their opinion.

I wonder if some of the LEO spewing sweeping generalizations about our supposed motives for OC would like the same to be done to them? It's not like there is any reasonable motive for being a police officer. It's only about having control issues and being able to wear a uniform to compensate for low self esteem issues. Of course I don't believe that, but that pretty much mirrors the idiocy of some over there about those of us who OC.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I found it funny that there was an attitude about being educated concerning the law by mere civilians. Well yeah, I've had to tell two police officers that OC is allowed in Indiana with the LTCH and I know others have had to do the same. It's not our fault that some of them are less informed than we are on that particular issue. Then again, it's not all that funny when having to deal with someone like that face to face, who thinks their job is enforcing their opinion.

I wonder if some of the LEO spewing sweeping generalizations about our supposed motives for OC would like the same to be done to them? It's not like there is any reasonable motive for being a police officer. It's only about having control issues and being able to wear a uniform to compensate for low self esteem issues. Of course I don't believe that, but that pretty much mirrors the idiocy of some over there about those of us who OC.

I found it ironic that one of the police officers made a snarky comment about educating "dumb cops" about the law (or whatever the exact wording was) when the very first post was a police officer asking what the law was.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You know by now you would have thought that all of us OC'ers would have been killed off long ago by those drug crazed BG's running around that would pick us out of a crowd and kill us first! Or rob us for our weapons! These arguements are nothing but IGNORANT! DO YOU HEAR ME, IGNORANT! STOP USING THEM PLEASE! If you make an ignorant comments over and over again just guess what it makes YOU!

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I found it ironic that one of the police officers made a snarky comment about educating "dumb cops" about the law (or whatever the exact wording was) when the very first post was a police officer asking what the law was.

No kidding! I should clarify my previous comment. The first officer I had to correct was very nice and accepted the possibilty I was correct and only asked that I cover up till they figured out a procedure. The second incident, the lead officer was a jerk, out of the other three that were there, one actually agreed it was my right to carry openly but I needed to be prepared for MWAG calls and having to deal with police. I think it would have gone much smoother if he had been the lead officer.

Top Bottom