• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    If it’s the same explanation video I saw when this happened he is full of BS just admit it you had the safety off and finger on The trigger WELL before the muzzle was oriented at the target so it was all him!!!
    He does take responsibility for it but explains how he came to do it. Basically he is telling on himself. He used one pistol/holster combination in the morning with a Glock and then the 1911AARP with a Serpa holster in the evening. Two different manuals of arms and holster configuration. Two different sets of safety precautions from morning to evening or whenever. He changed equipment and didn’t change mentally to those differences. It’s a danger we all face when we take different firearms to the range and shoot static targets. We get complacent, he got complacent, “ I’M AN INSTRUCTOR AND I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING", and paid the price for it.
    A message to us all would be what else he said in the video: "I had the bleeding stopped before the EMT’s got there.”
    Lots of folks don’t even take a simple trauma pack to the range with them when they go shooting. That’s bad.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    After having owned a couple of hundred handguns, I recently sold away all of my handguns (one to go) and decided to sit for a while and think about what qualities I wanted most in a handgun, and which of the pistols I have owned in the past have met my needs most readily.

At the end of that internal dialogue, I came to the conclusion that the SIG Sauer P320 Compact, chambered in 9mm, best fits my needs on a daily basis.

View attachment 319885

Here's why:

1. Ergonomics - The standard, compact, medium grip fits my hand as well as any pistol on the planet.
    2. Weight - It is lightweight, which matters as the day wears on.
    3. Capacity - Although I love the 1911, the ability to fire a pistol sixteen times before needing to reload is a huge benefit. Nobody ever complained they had too many rounds in a gunfight.
    4. The Company - SIG Sauer has so many government contracts and so much money with which to now both fund R&D as well as handle any complaints which might arise from their customers, you don't have to worry about being left high and dry as you might with other, less successful firearm companies.
    5. High Bore Axis - I LOVE the fact that the SIG Sauer P320 has a higher bore axis than many of their competitors. Although a low bore axis MIGHT impart less "flip" to the shooting experience, it also directs the recoil more directly into the shooter's hand. The SIG P320 shoots SOFT, which feels very nice by comparison to my many experiences with GLOCK, S&W, etc.
    6. Military testing - Regardless of the how, why, or when, the P320 was chosen to serve after completing SOME testing by the military, which may not mean much to some as we all know the government is rarely the standard for excellence to be followed, but it does speak to the fact that the pistol is NOT a complete **** show and has completed at least some testing by the government and deemed worthy.
    7. Trigger - Although dry-firing the P320 is riddled with a lackluster "thunk" sound and feel, on the range, the P320 trigger shines in my hands with a clean break, a crisp reset, and no little "dingle-safety" on its surface.
    8. Modularity - Throw on the "carry" grip module, and now you have a 17+1 capacity in a "Commander" configuration. Change out the slide to a longer one, and you now have a longer sight radius with the shorter grip in that "reverse Commander" configuration. Hundreds of ways to configure the pistol to make it just the way you like it. Fortunately for me (and my wallet), the basic configuration is my favorite.

Topped with SIG Lite Night Sights, the pistol needs nothing added and nothing subtracted to serve well in an EDC role. The P320 is the "just-right porridge" in my particular tale. Nothing exciting in particular, but plenty of excitement as a complete package!

YMMV!

Thanks for your time!

Vanguard.45
    Well, it's a good gun, so I don't blame you.

Top Bottom