• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    LOL, I went to a striker fire only after they were available with a manual safety.
    I have zero desire to have a striker pistol discharge when I'm pulling it out or putting it in a holster. A 320 has multiple safety's built into it.
    Its everything Glock Perfection just can't attain with 5 generations now.
    This is one gun that for sure needs a manual safety. You did good. :thumbsup:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Somebody didn't read his DuckDuckGo links.

:):

Doesn't this mean Sig Sauer lost in court?
    Summary judgement in favor of SIG SAUER, I read that so many times I stopped counting.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Somebody didn't read his DuckDuckGo links.

:):

You just read the one that helps your argument. They're are plenty that don't as well.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Right or wrong. The SIG P320 still has a problem. But its not with the pistol. Its with the tarnished image the pistol still carries. Just mention P320 anywhere, and the jokes, memes, wisecracks, rumors, etc come flooding out. Even if the issue is fixed (and I am quite sure it is quite well fixed, SIG is a competent company) the name P320 is hopelessly tarnished.

SIG should probably re-release the gun under a new model name. P325 perhaps?

If nothing else this thread demonstrates this.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Right or wrong. The SIG P320 still has a problem. But its not with the pistol. Its with the tarnished image the pistol still carries. Just mention P320 anywhere, and the jokes, memes, wisecracks, rumors, etc come flooding out. Even if the issue is fixed (and I am quite sure it is quite well fixed, SIG is a competent company) the name P320 is hopelessly tarnished.

SIG should probably re-release the gun under a new model name. P325 perhaps?

If nothing else this thread demonstrates this.
    Funny that the US Army and US Marine Corps are still buying them.

With your vast knowledge with Sig Sauers you should apply for this job, If you get it you can straiten them out in how to really do marketing well.

Position Summary:
    The Marketing Manager at the SIG SAUER Academy & Experience Center plays a pivotal role in the development, execution, and monitoring of comprehensive marketing programs for both the Experience Center and SIG SAUER Academy (SSA). This position involves close collaboration with internal teams at SIG HQ, including marketing, PR, events, product, and sales teams, to ensure that marketing efforts effectively support the Academy and align with corporate strategic marketing initiatives.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They buy the M17/M18 which have a host of modifications to the Technical Data Package that make them quite different from a P320
    Not the civilian model. We have 3 of them, none have yet to fire without a booger hook on the bang switch.

The Government Model is not for sale to the public. Other that the few that the Army returned in the beginning with the hammer drop issue a few years back. Those were sold to the public.

My older son is still a Grunt in the USMC, he has one at work along with a Glock 19. None of the men he serves with have had any errant discharges with their M17's. Swear to God, State Law.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    If I may help your thread OP....
    I admire the idea of trimming down to just what you need. Get something practical, with good aftermarket support, and train to a very high degree with it.

I dont think I could get down to just one. I still want to have a target 22 handgun, and a pocket gun, and a compact carry gun just to be well rounded.

I took a very similar way of looking at things as you did but just ended up with a Glock 19 instead. If ya like the Sig and it keeps performing well then more power to ya

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

This is very true. All 3 gun shops I went to look at 320s, every one of the counter jockeys had something to say about them. One guy made a comment about not dropping it down the stairs because it could go full auto. While funny it did not help them sell a pistol. Another is a Sig master dealer basically asked why I would want a 320. They had a case full of them but apparently didn't want to sell one. Ultimately I found the model I was looking for online and ordered it for only about $200 more than a basic 320X carry. The dealer who did the transfer even made a comment but were were interested once I told them about my intent to build a Flux Raider. The 320 certainly has an image problem, funny thing is that aside from the ND comments I've not anyone say they are unreliable pistols.

Top Bottom