• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Up late with a sick little kid (ear ache, nothing bad) and getting a chance to review why I gave up live TV when my first kid was born. It was crud like this:

YouTube - Stephen Fowler Wife Swap Highlights 1/2

YouTube - Stephen Fowler Wife Swap Highlights 2/2

Forget the constant barrage of brainlessness, and the unrelenting immodesty that leads all the little girls today to dress inappropriately, and let's just move on to proof that some people are simply "better" than the rest.

Oh, yeah, and the guy has lost his position on two NFP's and his real life wife's company will likely fold (stinks when the family secret is that you hate your clients and then you put that on TV).

Kudo's to the nice Bubba husband that kept his cool and did not reach across the table and remove that smirk with an open handed [edited out] slap. And the environmentalists are real happy that elitist jerk wore their shirts every chance he got.

And I am glad my kids saw none of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    That was painful to watch, not because I could identify with the "midwestern values" that were talked about, but because of the open hostility and the denigration that the man from Kalifornia showed at every opportunity.

I wonder, since I couldn't tell from the shortened video, if the "tree hugger's" wife was upset with his description of the other woman or if there was unseen comments made that gave her the appearance in general of being upset.

Also, this is why I don't watch "reality tv".

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    T.V. is an insult to intelligence. Other than some DVD's mine was on once all of '08 and that was to watch the first presidential debate. Haven't had cable in 6 years. I'd rather be doing something or read a book rather than watch some goofy box and I get news from the net.

People ask what I'm going to do when a the rabbit ears won't work with the new system. I tell them 'so', I won't watch it.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    My wife and I watched this episode. I wanted to climb through the TV and strangle the guy. The highlights are only a fraction of the **** that guy spewed through the show. I'd never have guessed someone could be that much of an ******* on national television. The whole "I moved to America so that I could help change it, but I had to move here because it was the only place I could stand to move." comment about made me vomit.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    My wife and I watched this episode. I wanted to climb through the TV and strangle the guy. The highlights are only a fraction of the **** that guy spewed through the show. I'd never have guessed someone could be that much of an ******* on national television. The whole "I moved to America so that I could help change it, but I had to move here because it was the only place I could stand to move." comment about made me vomit.

:yesway: :+1:

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Asshat is right all I got out of that whole thing is insult, insult, insult, I make more money than you, I'm better than you, insult, insult I'm smarter than you. Way to help your fellow man just cut him down I can't stand people like that then they bitch about how bad things are. IMO help out or shut the hell up.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I would be upset about this, however I firmly believe that 98% of "reality" TV is scripted. However I would like to point out, that that man's "high" vocabulary did not impress me in the slightest bit. Neither did his "intelligence". I don't think I have to tell anybody here, but high vocabulary and high IQ does not prove common sense, which I would much rather have any day over a high test score.

He says that he scored in the 99.99 percentile (which I call BS on, where is his cetrifictate?) on the GRE test. Which after doing some research, turns out to be a controversial test which most find to not prove anything about being accepted into grad school. The only reason the test is given is because it is one of the few "standardized" tests available.

So my bottom line opinion on this is, if it is real, then this guy may be smart, but I bet his common sense doesn't come up to par. Can he look at the motor of his broken down minivan and figure out why it wont start? If I hand him a gun, can he figure out how to operate the safety, drop the mag, check to see if it's loaded? I think a gun is a simple thing to operate.

One of the things I define as common sense is being able to overcome problems you face that you have no chance to prepare for. If I were to guess, when he takes a trip and gets a flat tire, hes that guy standing on the side of the road with his cellphone. Waiting patiently for the tow truck.

If anything this guy is, for lack of a better term, racist (nationalist?) and stereotypical. Which IMHO shows lack of intelligence and common sense to most people.

While playing on Xbox Live I once asked a person that said they were from Whales, "Why do you guys hate Americans so much?" His reply was "Because you are all fat and stupid".

Last edited:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ... If I hand him a gun, can he figure out how to operate the safety, drop the mag, check to see if it's loaded? I think a gun is a simple thing to operate....
    Of course not, he's English. Probably never seen a gun in person in his life. No doubt about it, that guy was an industrial strength douche bag.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I stay away from reality shows as there is really very little reality and lots of sensationalism on them. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that a lot of the BS I saw on those scripts was scripted. After all if the swap worked perfectly and everyone was happy making the best of it, that wouldn't make for a very interesting reality show. If however the guy and his wife are really like that in real life, I doubt that they venture much outside their own home except to work. Afterall if he or she talk like that to people out in the public I don't think it would take too long before someone handed their asses to them.

Most of my tv time is spent watching something on one of the Discovery channels, Comedy Central, Sci-Fi channel or Cartoon Network. If I don't find anything good to watch on those I watch something I have recorded or watch a movie.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone catch the line about skinny lady saying that she can't be around her kids more than an hour or so a day because her personality cannot take it and it makes her grumpy.

Funny, in my neck of the woods, we call that "parenting". And it can make you grumpy sometimes. Other times it has the moments you will remember with a smile while laying on your death bed.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Anyone catch the line about skinny lady saying that she can't be around her kids more than an hour or so a day because her personality cannot take it and it makes her grumpy.

Funny, in my neck of the woods, we call that "parenting". And it can make you grumpy sometimes. Other times it has the moments you will remember with a smile while laying on your death bed.

I did notice that, I forgot to comment on it in my post. :ugh:

I couldn't agree more with your statement. As it seems the father does all the parenting while the mother is off being a "life coach" for other fat, lazy and uneducated Americans. :mullet:

I found this on the YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhykAAg86bs

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    For the sake of keeping this board PG-13, I'm going to keep most of my comments to myself...

I have a really, really hard time believing that was real. Are there really people out there that are that big of a d*ckhead? I could seriously watch that guy get tortured and laugh about it.

BTW, there is no way this side of hell that skinny little prick would have said those things to my wife and walked out of that room w/ all his bones intact.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For the sake of keeping this board PG-13, I'm going to keep most of my comments to myself...

I have a really, really hard time believing that was real. Are there really people out there that are that big of a d*ckhead? I could seriously watch that guy get tortured and laugh about it. Actually yes there are. :D

BTW, there is no way this side of hell that skinny little prick would have said those things to my wife and walked out of that room w/ all his bones intact.

I disagree here also. I would have at least waited till we were off camera. He could then have an accident. :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Up late with a sick little kid (ear ache, nothing bad) and getting a chance to review why I gave up live TV when my first kid was born. It was crud like this:

YouTube - Stephen Fowler Wife Swap Highlights 1/2

YouTube - Stephen Fowler Wife Swap Highlights 2/2

Forget the constant barrage of brainlessness, and the unrelenting immodesty that leads all the little girls today to dress inappropriately, and let's just move on to proof that some people are simply "better" than the rest.

Oh, yeah, and the guy has lost his position on two NFP's and his real life wife's company will likely fold (stinks when the family secret is that you hate your clients and then you put that on TV).

Kudo's to the nice Bubba husband that kept his cool and did not reach across the table and remove that smirk with an open handed [edited out] slap. And the environmentalists are real happy that elitist jerk wore their shirts every chance he got.

And I am glad my kids saw none of it.

OHHH how I would love to give this fellow a hearty welcome to the mid west. Those nice folks showed way more restraint than I would have been capable of. The only positive thing, had I been involved here is the pom pas snooty Englishman wouldn't have been able to make his final re butte as everytime he opened his mouth his teeth would have been falling out.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I did notice that, I forgot to comment on it in my post. :ugh:

I couldn't agree more with your statement. As it seems the father does all the parenting while the mother is off being a "life coach" for other fat, lazy and uneducated Americans. :mullet:

I found this on the YouTube page:

YouTube - ABC report about stephen fowler of wife swap fame

LMFAO.. Maybe thisll learn im sumpin...I think it was said best in the last scene of Kill Bill.. " I am a murdering bastard, you should know there are certain reprecussions to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard."

That being said who thinks its a good idea to hop on National TV and talk smack about average hard working Americans, telling them they are all fat, stupid, worthless and uneducated... And this guy said his IQ is what????

Top Bottom