Why Does Interpol Need Immunity from American Law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Is this just another step toward a One World Order?

Why Does Interpol Need Immunity from American Law? - Andy McCarthy - The Corner on National Review Online

You just can't make up how brazen this crowd is. One week ago, President Obama quietly signed an executive order that makes an international police force immune from the restraints of American law.

Interpol is the shorthand for the International Criminal Police Organization. It was established in 1923 and operates in about 188 countries. By executive order 12425, issued in 1983, President Reagan recognized Interpol as an international organization and gave it some of the privileges and immunities customarily extended to foreign diplomats. Interpol, however, is also an active law-enforcement agency, so critical privileges and immunities (set forth in Section 2© of the International Organizations Immunities Act) were withheld. Specifically, Interpol's property and assets remained subject to search and seizure, and its archived records remained subject to public scrutiny under provisions like the Freedom of Information Act. Being constrained by the Fourth Amendment, FOIA, and other limitations of the Constitution and federal law that protect the liberty and privacy of Americans is what prevents law-enforcement and its controlling government authority from becoming tyrannical.

On Wednesday, however, for no apparent reason, President Obama issued an executive order removing the Reagan limitations. That is, Interpol's property and assets are no longer subject to search and confiscation, and its archives are now considered inviolable. This international police force (whose U.S. headquarters is in the Justice Department in Washington) will be unrestrained by the U.S. Constitution and American law while it operates in the United States and affects both Americans and American interests outside the United States.

Interpol works closely with international tribunals (such as the International Criminal Court — which the United States has refused to join because of its sovereignty surrendering provisions, though top Obama officials want us in it). It also works closely with foreign courts and law-enforcement authorities (such as those in Europe that are investigating former Bush administration officials for purported war crimes — i.e., for actions taken in America's defense).

Why would we elevate an international police force above American law? Why would we immunize an international police force from the limitations that constrain the FBI and other American law-enforcement agencies? Why is it suddenly necessary to have, within the Justice Department, a repository for stashing government files which, therefore, will be beyond the ability of Congress, American law-enforcement, the media, and the American people to scrutinize?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I found this info the other day. I don't know what to say about it. This is scary. The possibilities for abuse are endless. Just one more step closer to the one world government/NWO. We now have an international organization with police powers in the US. We suffer enough at the hands of our own policing organizations. Now we have one with no accountability or fear of repercussion. Scary stuff.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    That's so when bam-bam burns our Constitution, and declares himself dictator, he won't have to depend on a military made up of U.S. citizens to try and control us.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    For what its worth there are a lot of situations where American citizens, officials, and businesses are immune from the laws of other nations, but still fall under US law even when outside of our formal borders.

I don't like this anymore than the next guy, but we also need to remember that US law isn't the supreme international law either.

As far as a new world order, that could be in the cards, and is certainly the motivation and agenda for many a global politician.. However, for many years now the WTO (World Trade Organization) has already been acting in a similar capacity, largely governing and overseeing international business for member countires. It includes a World Bank, with its own currency, as well as a judicial system that can settle international trade disputes.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    The thing is that we have enough US police agencies. I have problems with someone who does not have the same checks and balances that the US agencies have. The search and seizure thing is horrible.

It is against US law. I cannot wait until 2012. They are destroying my country.:patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yep, they won't have the constraints of that burdensome document called the constitution.

By 2012, it will already be too late.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    People keep talking about no chance of repeal on some of the action Bama is/has taken.

Bulls**t! Unless you're talking about the taking of a life, it CAN be reversed!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People keep talking about no chance of repeal on some of the action Bama is/has taken.

Bulls**t! Unless you're talking about the taking of a life, it CAN be reversed!

I wish I could be that optimistic. I've never seen an entitlement program reversed yet. We are stuck with this health care fiasco.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wish I could be that optimistic. I've never seen an entitlement program reversed yet. We are stuck with this health care fiasco.

I didn't say they WOULD be repealed, just that the possibility is ALWAYS there. If the will of the general populace is strong/active enough, things WILL change!

Prohibition was repealed!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I didn't say they WOULD be repealed, just that the possibility is ALWAYS there. If the will of the general populace is strong/active enough, things WILL change!

Prohibition was repealed!
    Not all of it. The Reid bill has language in it that prohibits the repeal of many sections of it.
    From The Weekly Standard

Senator Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) pointed out some rather astounding language in the Senate health care bill during floor remarks tonight. First, he noted that there are a number of changes to Senate rules in the bill--and it's supposed to take a 2/3 vote to change the rules. And then he pointed out that the Reid bill declares on page 1020 that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses:
    there's one provision that i found particularly troubling and it's under section c, titled "limitations on changes to this subsection."
    and i quote -- "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."
    this is not legislation. it's not law. this is a rule change. it's a pretty big deal. we will be passing a new law and at the same time creating a senate rule that makes it out of order to amend or even repeal the law.
    i'm not even sure that it's constitutional, but if it is, it most certainly is a senate rule. i don't see why the majority party wouldn't put this in every bill. if you like your law, you most certainly would want it to have force for future senates.
    i mean, we want to bind future congresses. this goes to the fundamental purpose of senate rules: to prevent a tyrannical majority from trampling the rights of the minority or of future co congresses.
    Video and more at the source

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What do you want to bet that local leos will use Interpol officers like they do dnr officers to circumvent the need for warrants.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What can be done, can be undone, with the exception of taking a life.

Harry Reid can put all of the "you can't do this" language in it he wants. It can STILL be undone, if the people will it.

"...cannot be repealed by future congresses" is no more than a ploy. It is unconstitutional, and I believe it WILL be overturned.

If not, the country will go into bankruptcy, and the populace will throw the bums out and institute a new governing body.

I don't think the general population yet realizes just how much of their liberties are being usurped. When they figure it out, the Washington insiders had better watch their backs. It's only been a couple of generations ago when the general population would literally "tar and feather" an out of hand political figure, and "run him/her out of town on a rail".

I truley believe we are VERY close to seeing history repeat itself.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    What do you want to bet that local leos will use Interpol officers like they do dnr officers to circumvent the need for warrants.

My money is it will be a tool for State Police agencies since they are tied into the Fusion Centers established by Homeland Security.

As much as I would like this can not be pinned solely on Obama. This has its roots and growth in the so called homeland security measures that Bush established for our own protection. Smirk.

They will be used in concert with Domestic law enforcement to circumvent constitutional protections.

Local LEOs don't have the access or abilities to tap this info. as too subject to political factions and re - election issues.

ISP on the other hand will and has certain capabilities that feed local LEOs info and tracking that has been the direct result of our "need" to police ourselves.

Freakin spooky how our administrations have begun to fear the people. Twenty years ago a bar code on a drivers license and facial recognition software being used upon those merely walking down the street would have been unimaginable. Now we just shrug like sheep and say "oh well"

Welcome to Indiana Interpol ! I, for one, will be keeping my mind, eyes, and ears open.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)

WTF??? DNR is still subject to abiding by the 4th Amendment.

Or are you one of the folks who still believes the old saw that "DNR Officers
    have more police powers than anyone"? DNR still has to abide by the Constitution!

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What can be done, can be undone, with the exception of taking a life.

Harry Reid can put all of the "you can't do this" language in it he wants. It can STILL be undone, if the people will it.

"...cannot be repealed by future congresses" is no more than a ploy. It is unconstitutional, and I believe it WILL be overturned.

If not, the country will go into bankruptcy, and the populace will throw the bums out and institute a new governing body.

I don't think the general population yet realizes just how much of their liberties are being usurped. When they figure it out, the Washington insiders had better watch their backs. It's only been a couple of generations ago when the general population would literally "tar and feather" an out of hand political figure, and "run him/her out of town on a rail".

I truley believe we are VERY close to seeing history repeat itself.

INTERPOL IMO consists of a bunch of glorifed thugs with the ability to cross international borders as they see fit! They sieze evidence that could be used at a municipal level and sometimes...it just goes away, never to be seen again.

I have had the indignity of working with this organization in the past, and My two cents, long story short I agree that removing constraints on interpol gives them more freedom here in the United States, in which, is not a good thing.

The fleecing of America is and has been in effect for some time now, We are controlled by a hipocrasy Democracy, and We, as Americans need be stand United against the assault against Our freedoms that will slowly be revoked.

I am very Patriotic, But Our flag hangs so low now. I love My country and the freedoms we do enjoy at the present, but I feel that scratchyness in the back of my throat, that pre-saliva feeling right b4 You throw up... that sickeniong feeling that this sweeping radical change is going to not make it better, but, take more away from this great nation we live in.

Most countries despise us and mostly always have and I got two word for 'em. But i know here I can proudly scream "GOD BLESS THE USofA"

I will leave this post with Lyrics of a song by someone special to Me,

Johnny Cash...

"Ragged Old Flag"

I walked through a county courthouse square
    On a park bench, an old man was sittin' there.
    I said, "Your old court house is kinda run down,
    He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town".
    I said, "Your old flag pole is leaned a little bit,
    And that's a ragged old flag you got hangin' on it".
    He said, "Have a seat", and I sat down,
    "Is this the first time you've been to our little town"
    I said, "I think it is"
    He said "I don't like to brag, but we're kinda proud of
    That Ragged Old Flag

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there,
    When Washington took it across the Delaware.
    and It got powder burned the night Francis Scott Key sat watching it,
    writing "Say Can You See"
    It got a rip in New Orleans, with Packingham & Jackson
    tugging at its seams.
    and It almost fell at the Alamo
    beside the Texas flag,
    But she waved on though.
    She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville,
    And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill.
    There was Robert E. Lee and Beauregard and Bragg,
    And the south wind blew hard on
    That Ragged Old Flag

"On Flanders Field in World War I,
    She got a big hole from a Bertha Gun,
    She turned blood red in World War II
    She hung limp, and low, a time or two,
    She was in Korea, Vietnam, She went where she was sent
    by her Uncle Sam.
    She waved from our ships upon the briny foam
    and now they've about quit wavin' back here at home
    in her own good land here She's been abused,
    She's been burned, dishonored, denied an' refused,
    And the government for which she stands
    Has been scandalized throughout out the land.
    And she's getting thread bare, and she's wearin' thin,
    But she's in good shape, for the shape she's in.
    Cause she's been through the fire before
    and i believe she can take a whole lot more.

"So we raise her up every morning
    And we bring her down slow every night,
    We don't let her touch the ground,
    And we fold her up right.
    On second thought
    I *do* like to brag
    Cause I'm mighty proud of
    That Ragged Old Flag"

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But how many of the general population are begging for even more goverbnment control. Some believe we are where we are because the government hasn't done enough. We've had nothing but a steady decline in liberty since our founding. Our current system can't be salvaged. You can't get rid of the establishment in our current system.

Top Bottom