• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    For some reason I really want to go to the 1500 this weekend. To people watch? To witness the panic buyers? To spend too much on parking and buy some awesome fudge? :dunno:

Anyone else wanting to go this weekend but not sure why?

trex75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I'm in the same boat. Not really looking for anything, just want to check out all the chaos. I have already taken this Friday off, so I guess I will go.

urban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    For the first time... I don't know that I want to go. I'm so depressed with the way the country is going right now that I might end up purchasing something I don't need.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I love the 1500. I always find a reason to go all three days. But I think I am going to sit this one out. As much as I hate to I am scared it's going to be 100X worse than my LGS. Sad really because it's the only thing I look forward to in January.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I love the 1500. I always find a reason to go all three days. But I think I am going to sit this one out. As much as I hate to I am scared it's going to be 100X worse than my LGS. Sad really because it's the only thing I look forward to in January.

I typically go about every 1 out of 3 but have been dreading this one - until the last week or so. Maybe partially afraid that gunshows might be a thing of the past.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I really want to see the chaos and the fire marshal goes nuts with the number of people there.

It will be a great time if you are not looking for anything.

mm4603

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I want to go but I'm not sure it will be enjoyable. I remember going to my first GS in 2002. It was pretty full and there were lots of neat stuff to be had. Fast forward 10 years...there are more people at the event making navigating the aisles more difficult, it seems like the guns and ammo are always the same, and now guns and ammo have a "fear" premium. I want to go to possibly get some ammo and maybe even another handgun before "they" come after those too. But like the original poster said, I'll probably go, get some fudge, maybe some of those real good bavarian toasted nuts, and definitely hit up the jerky guy. I hope its not as big of a circus as everyone is thinking it will be.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    For some reason I really want to go to the 1500 this weekend. To people watch? To witness the panic buyers? To spend too much on parking and buy some awesome fudge? :dunno:

Anyone else wanting to go this weekend but not sure why?

I am never sure of anything..

I want to watch the mass confusion of people. Should be a Very, Very busy weekend. :ingo:

Last edited:

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I want to go and see what I can trade up for. I am starting with a stripped ARLower (not for sale here) with some trades and luck I am hoping to leave with someone's car. LOL

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Taking some new people, even one Chicago transplant, so that they can see a variety of guns. Personally I'm going on Sunday to see what did NOT sell during the assumed chaos.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I had an easy (and inexpensive) way in - and a good vantage point - I think the people watching this weekend will be absolutely fantastic.

-J-

solution_zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going to sell an old sporterized MilSurp, maybe buy another one, or some 6.5x55 ammo. Like some of you I just want to see the madness for some reason.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I think I'll stop by INGO and meet some people. I'm looking for some mag pouches maybe or some other way of carrying extra mags. I'm kind of in the market for a knife or two. My son will go with me because he loves the military surplus stuff. I'll keep an eye open for ammo prices. After that, I'll be above everyone else and people watch. No wait, check that, I'll fart on someone first, then people watch.

Top Bottom