Why all the accessory rails on handguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If people didn't want it, they wouldn't buy it. If they didn't buy it, the companies wouldn't make it
    Because half the gun folks have been convinced they need a rail with a light, red dot with side car Appendix holster and brand X bonded bullet to live through the night! All the cool kids have them!!!!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    With all these silly gadgets and shiny things hanging on these TransGuns the Drastic Plastic adorns this look like cheap jewelry on a mannequin.

But hey….to each their own.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    There is no bigger moron than someone who thinks that style > function when it comes to defensive arms.

It's thick in here, they must have cancelled Bingo night at Fudd Acres.

:):
    Just waiting on Matlock to come on here at Prairie Woods Retirement Home and had a few minutes to respond.

One must define Function. All of my Polymer guns, HC Guns, Dot Guns, Rail Guns work and work well for the thousands of rounds I put through them every year. Doesn’t mean I prefer them though as my Classics seem to be a tad bit more fun to shoot. Even more challenging one might say. A word strayed away from by the youngsters these days.

Now if function is all about sitting in a paranoid position with all the video game gadjets of a dreaming shooter, then I am glad to own all these soy oil based beasts as well.

Shucks, it’s Perry Mason, not Matlock.

See you on the range (doubt it)

Trapper

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It seems a lot of folks are “conditioned” to throw a con out if a company introducers a gun without a rail or MOS cut. (The same ones complain why an Sig Legion 226 has a 15 round mag instead of a 17 like that’s going to make a difference)

I really got a laugh when a couple different folks were mad about the Springfield Hi Power and the Sig 210 not having them. Like there’s nothing wrong with classic lines if not get a polymer something!

So if that makes me a Fudd OK!

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    For a range gun in .40, I'd go for a heavyweight like this one. Handsome pistol. GB showing about 10 or 15 without rails right now. You can find them cheaper, but this one's in good shape, and has ported barrel, if that's your thing. I'm assuming the porting is non-factory, but looks like they did a clean job.

View attachment 314878

GB link:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1021257260

YES! I'm waiting for one of these to pop up on INGO. At a decent price of course.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe we should ask professionals? Which law enforcement or government agencies have adopted non-rail equipped pistols in the modern day?

:dunno:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There is a compromise of sorts.. and as far as I know only one company has ever done it, and only on one model of pistol.

A rail cover.

The Beretta 90-Two had one

1701212983246.jpeg

Top Bottom