Shooter
    Nov 2, 2008
    17547aa_tree_stand_0462.jpg

What about 'em?

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I shoot a T/C Omega, stainless steel with gray laminated stock. I love shooting a muzzleloader. I'm primarily a bow hunter, but when I do take a "gun" into the woods for deer, it is always my muzzleloader.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    We are Here

I have a New Frontier Bear Tooth Magnum and a Thompson Grey Hawk....both in .50 cal.:rockwoot:

Jan 25, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Thanks, love your stand shot Jack. I never have used a shotgun to take a deer. I have a Knight disc extreme that I took a doe at about 160 yards last year. Love the "gun". Don't have any real good long shots otherwise but practice reg. at 165 in my back yard.

paperboy

Master
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have a CVA Optima Magnum and it is my only deer hunting gun. With the closed breech design, I've had it in snow and freezing rain and it has never failed to go "BANG" It is awesome!!!!

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I have an Austin and Hallek that I love, but it only comes out around deer season. You will probably find more people talking about them around November.

ruger7722

Expert
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got an austin and hallek also mod. 420 i think,nice lookin rifles.i got two tradition pursuits.one thumbhole nickel xlt,and one lt nickel w/ burris fulfield.i like them for deer and hogs

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Muzzle stuffer here .32 Kentucky, .45 Hawken, .54 Renegade, & 700 Rem .50 inline. I love the smoke, The smell of gun powder, the cloud of smoke hanging in the air, the bullseye after the smoke clears. :yesway:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Mar 22, 2008
    Been a member for awhile but nobody here seems interested in mz's. Anybody?

Hey, we're here and we ARE interested in muzzleloaders, but I'm guessing that most of us don't spend too much time with them until it gets close to deer season. I have a Browning Mountain Rifle and a Remington 700 inline that I hunt with depending on the weather forecast.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I just swapped scopes on my CVA buckhorn tonight. From a see thru rings mounted BSA 3-9x50IR, to a center point 2-7x32IR mil dot in low mounts. Gonna try to get to the range this weekend and sight her in. I've only taken out a shotgun a couple times since I got the cva due to the fact that I can hit much better at 100 yards with the cva than any of my shotguns. My cousin feels the same way, lol. I'd like to get a nicer one sometime, hopefully by the time the season rolls around I will.

figley

Expert
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    i used to be way into T/C caplocks. still have one i'm attached to, but the rest, i'd probably part with.

have a .50 inline that was made on a remington rolling block design. just haven't found what load it likes best.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think(?) I own about 5 of them, I'd have to check again. I have one that has never been hunting due to a MAJOR pita to cap the thing.
    I have a .50 cal barrel that fits on my Mossberg 500. It looks just like a shotgun, until you notice the ram-rod hanging under the barrel.
    I also have two CVA's, a Thompson Center arms 209x.45, and 2 or 3 ml handguns

Top Bottom