• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Was paying $160 per 1k round case less than a year ago. $32 per $50 is 4 times higher

Granted prices are going to definitely continue to rise, so if ya need it, you better buy it now.

Case prices are always a lot cheaper. I'm used to seeing $12-16/box for 9mm just off the shelf at the sporting goods stores or Wallyworld. I confess I'm not even nearly as on the pulse as a lot of you guys are.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I warned some buddies early on to stock up. They didn't and are calling me asking if I can help them find ammo or reload some for them. I just remind them of early warnings and say can't help you.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've already decided 2021 is going to be the year I start shooting up my 22LR supply. Everything else will stay put. Irs sad, but it is what it is at this point.

I suggest taking up air rifle, and I will likely join you. At least for me, the previous .22 shortage went on the longest of any caliber. I couldn't find a round of it to be sold in a normal store for 3 solid years, but I could buy .45, 9, 5.56, etc. It was about a month before election 2016 that I was finally able to find some at a Dunham's in a much smaller area, and there was still a 2 box limit. By 2018, things had finally returned to normal. That was about 6 years of having to chase after 22.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I warned some buddies early on to stock up. They didn't and are calling me asking if I can help them find ammo or reload some for them. I just remind them of early warnings and say can't help you.
    I helped a friend this week end. But he knows what I did is it. No more.
    A few others have dialed me up for "Help" and to each I repeated my messages from early 2020.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    $32 actually strikes me as not too bad in this market. That's only about double priced.

We all have our reasons and it just is what it is. If you don't mind paying, the stuff is out there. Like I said above, $32/box is steep, but it's not like nobody can afford to spend $32 if you really have to.

If I were brand new in the hobby right now and already had my most basic defensive pistol stuff addressed, I'd probably be looking to get a sturdy 12ga pump. 12ga target/bird loads have historically always been available and if you can stomach a few extra bucks for whatever 12ga home defense rounds you'd prefer, you have the default in home security addressed as well.

This is very good advice. PSA Daily Deal today has a Black Aces 12ga 18.5" pump for $349.

Black Friday 2019 would've seen this for well under $200 but with 2021 chaos and a Biden crackdown looming, $349 is a fair price. It helps that I still see 12ga ammo on the shelf locally here in Evansville.

If you have nothing and want to start into firearms, this is good advice to take.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Happened to luck onto some 9 at Cabela's Saturday morning at $0.28/rd. Picked up a few 100rd boxes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If you are "OUT" there looking you actually stand a chance at finding this.
    To sit in front of the laptop and complain there are no ammo/deals is part of the issues we see in society right now.

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    I was implied purpling your expressed purple. I wasn't actually trying to take a shot at ya. ;) Sorry if it come off like I was.

Half case for $300?

No thought of shots fired at all,, maxwelhse.

Noted on going "out" CM. Being pretty new to things, researching online is first step in my mind. And seeing how it seems all doom and gloom on a lot of posts everywhere, it leads to assumptions. Not trying to come across incorrectly/part of the problem with society.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    To sit in front of the laptop and complain there are no ammo/deals is part of the issues we see in society right now.

:facepalm:

-Some people believe Covid is actually a real thing, whether or not you do, and are actually trying to stay home. I'm more in your camp than not, but that's the truth.
    -Spending all day driving all over town to maybe find a few rounds of ammo is not a game that makes sense for everyone to play. Checking your usual haunts while you're out and about? Absolutely! I've managed to find 0 rounds of anything I needed in coming up on a year of doing that. 100% wasted time.
    -I usually don't see anyone actually complaining in these threads, but twice today I have seen a gray beard come into a thread and get pretty holy over someone else for not being 70+ and having decades to get their affairs in order in the same fashion.

We've had this talk before. "Kids today" is a dumb answer here, IMO... respectfully. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-Some people believe Covid is actually a real thing, whether or not you do, and are actually trying to stay home. I'm more in your camp than not, but that's the truth.
    -Spending all day driving all over town to maybe find a few rounds of ammo is not a game that makes sense for everyone to play. Checking your usual haunts while you're out and about? Absolutely! I've managed to find 0 rounds of anything I needed in coming up on a year of doing that. 100% wasted time.
    -I usually don't see anyone actually complaining in these threads, but twice today I have seen a gray beard come into a thread and get pretty holy over someone else for not being 70+ and having decades to get their affairs in order in the same fashion.

We've had this talk before. "Kids today" is a dumb answer here, IMO... respectfully. :)
    This was going on well before covid my friend. Our friends at Bobcat steel tell me that people who live with in a mile of them require the ammo/parts etc be shipped. Lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

To clarify....these are adults. Not just kids. I see it everywhere I look and I am out among them a lot. How you see the world is exactly that. How I see it is the same thing

No knock intended but you really do not want to mix it up with the 70+ grey beard.....:):

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    So how does it shoot?
    Was going to ask Mark the same question. Tonight I had to listen to my brother chest thump while bragging that his 14 yr old shot a beaver with the 22 revolver he gave him for his birthday last June. Proud papa for sure, but in all seriousness his boys are accomplished marksmen. His older boy is an avid fisherman and they have a problem with turtles eating the fish...that kid can pick them off with a well maintained, iron sited, 22 long rifle. If it's the last one in the case...it's the one you were looking for... ;)

Top Bottom