Who Thinks They Are A 100% Genuine Firearm Nut?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    BTW guys, next to the money issue, the only other downfall of owning so many different types of firearms is you have to learn about them all! :dunno: :bigballs: :laugh: :patriot:

Nah that's part of the fun! I love to learn new things, esp about guns. Funny thing is, that even after going to tech school in high scool for automotive, graduating lincoln tech with honors in automotive service technology and management, and working at a ford dealer for 6 years. I know probably as much about guns as I do about cars. And I love learning more!!!! Dad always says if I knew as much about farming as I do guns, I'd know nearly as much about farming as he does. :D
    And he's been farming his entire life, :)

Haans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Muncie
    I qualify, I think.

I really can't imagine there are too many people on this forum who aren't weapons enthusiasts.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Shooting since I was 5,first rifle (22single shot stevens) at 8,first semi auto rifle (ruger 10/22) at 10 ,first pistol at 19(desert eagle 357mag)

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Enthusiast, collector, sportsman? I don't buy into any of this for the simple reason, when you give in to the liberal lefts political correct B/S you only accomplish giving up more ground. GUN NUT, as originally posted, fills the bill without giving way to unneeded change. I was raised around guns to the point that if you didn't shoot well, you didn't eat as well as you would like sometimes. After all these years I've been into drag racing, flying, and countless other endeavors and at some point interest always wanes but the guns and shooting are always there.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Who thinks they qualify as a 100% genuine firearm enthusiast? I know I sure do because I have been shooting and into guns since I was only five years old. I live, breath, talk and sleep guns! I also can't seem to help myself from buying anymore! Just one more then that's it, yeah right!:D :yesway:

I agree with you 100%!! :yesway: Except I don't have the "Just one more then that's it" problem!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    FWIW - I personally hate the term "Gun Nut / Firearm Nut" as it's used by the left as a term to make us all look just like that... "Nuts". :noway:

My hobby is firearm collecting and shooting sports. :rockwoot:

:cheers:

Agreed.

But chalk me up and 100% firearm enthusiast, there aren't many things I enjoy discussing more...Then there's the whole getting out and shooting them thing.:D

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I am with you guys. I loved working on cars and after three cars in the garage, I found out I could buy more guns because of space. Then I took all the classes I could to fix them. Then I started porting my shotgun barrels after I learned how to blue guns. Now I can't drive by a gun shop without stopping.
    Now I will like to buy guns that are in picks and rebuild them. I can't stop. I bought a old model 10 S&W today and going to build it back to what is was and reblue it.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    :draw:

I plead insanity, I am crazy about guns!

I just bought another one from Bob at PSS today an XD 9 subcompact, I gotta seek treatment.........NAH!

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I became a gun and hunting enthusiast without much outside influence. So I guess the answer is yes. I am a 100% genuine firearm Nut.

There wasn’t anyone in the household that had guns but I have always been interested in guns. My mother picked up on that and gave me an all-wooden toy gun at a very early age and taught me muzzle and trigger finger disciplinal. She also bought me a lot of books and subscribed to hunting magazines to try to get me to read more. It worked.

I first began shooting when I was about 8 years old and barrowed a few guns from friends and family when I was around 10. I saved my hay baling money and bought my first gun when I was 13.

Other hobbies have come and gone but guns, hunting and a love of the great outdoors has been a constant in my life.

Bucky

Last edited:
    Top Bottom