Who needs a bullet proof vest - Just put a cell phone in your pocket! (45ACP)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hopefully the battery doesn't catch fire after something like that.. How'd you like to survive the gunshot and then catch fire from the lithium rechargeable battery??

:)

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I've taken this story to heart and purchased several hundred cell phones. Tomorrow I begin the process of covering my car with them, insulating my house with them, and sewing them into my clothes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In looking at the pics of the cell phone... I"m guessing that he'd only have gotten a bruise if the phone wasn't where it was. It doesn't take much of a ding to do that to a cell phone...and the phone's probably still useable.

Can't tell from the pic how big the projectile is, though. But a 230gr .45acp projectile next to MY cell phone is about that same size in comparison.

This guy just happened to be at the end of the projectile's run; after it was basically out of energy.

The hype of the article about how the phone saved his life...bunch of BS. It would've had to have hit him in just.the.right.place for it to have killed him.

-J-

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    As I recall, there have been a few episodes of mythbusters devoted to what will and won't stop a bullet. And oddly, most things...won't stop a bullet. However, 15 pizzas in their heated carrier bags will stop a load of buckshot...

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The article didn't go into detail, but the entire Verizon crew beat the shooter's ass afterwards.

Top Bottom