• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustEm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    IN
    I really like the Prochron DLX. It stores and calculates your cartridge data and is easy to understand. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Most chronos will require a good outdoor light source though. Some of the fancier ones might not, but in my oppinion its not worth the up charge. Just depends what you want out of it.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I really like the Prochron DLX. It stores and calculates your cartridge data and is easy to understand. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Most chronos will require a good outdoor light source though. Some of the fancier ones might not, but in my oppinion its not worth the up charge. Just depends what you want out of it.

That's the one I have. It's been a great one it's easy to use and I like the Bluetooth option over the last one I had which had a USB cable tied to my laptop. I think it's a great Chrono. It's no labradar but then again I don't need an expensive chronograph like that. Plus the only one that I've been exposed to was a bit buggy. It would track three rounds in a row and then it wouldn't track the next three rounds. It was an earlier version so maybe they got it worked out

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a Competition Electronics with Bluetooth. D/L app and it sure beats walking up each time, plus it stores the information in the app. I really like it.
    For the cost you get a pretty good chronograph.
    If your cellphone dies or you get a new one manually save or take pictures of your data.
    My old cellphone battery started going bad I thought it would transfer over to the new cellphone and it didn't.
    I lost a trove of shot information. Now I write it down as well.
    Live and learn.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I just copy the data files from my tablet to the PC after the range. The digital link software from Competition Electronics is free and does run on the PC. I would assume you could do the same with a phone.

These files can also be exported to csv files so they can be opened in excel.

I would have to assume there is a way to backup data from phones? I don't have one of these new-fangled smart phones so I really don't know.

Ron

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    I'm going to get one tomorrow.Thanks for the input.Think I'm going to try the Competition Electronics one.Its going to be my first one,I'm wanting to test some Norma strength 10mm hand loads.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just copy the data files from my tablet to the PC after the range. The digital link software from Competition Electronics is free and does run on the PC. I would assume you could do the same with a phone.

These files can also be exported to csv files so they can be opened in excel.

I would have to assume there is a way to backup data from phones? I don't have one of these new-fangled smart phones so I really don't know.

Ron
    That I don't know. If I had I'd have done it. When I see my son again ill ask him if it's possible and give me a crash course.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    cauldwell

Caldwell's customer service sucks. I bought one of their folding chronographs about 4 years ago. I bought it off of Amazon and then when I was having problems with it I contacted them I gave them the serial number when the woman asked me where I bought it from I told her and she immediately said they're not authorized to sell our chronographs I've logged your serial number in the computer and your warranty is invalid and she hung up on me. When I called back she hung up on me again. So I threw it in the trash and I went with Competition Electronics

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I had a Competition Electronics chrono and it worked well. Used it without the rods & screens most of the time with no issues.

Then went with a LabRadar and it works great. Nice setting up at a non-private range and not holding up other shooters while trying to align it to the shots / backstops.

Bzikot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2022
    Allen County
    Having used several different shoot through types over the years, I am very happy with the Labrador. It really shines when using it to check handgun loads, and works the same with long guns as well, but there can be a bit of a learning curve getting it on site with the target, I would recommend a aim site for it, and keep it from shaking do to muzzle blast and or muzzle devices, but we'll worth it

Top Bottom