• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I couldn't help but laugh at one person at base camp hoping the one coming off the 10 mile hike was brining them some food. :):

I think that was one of the red headed brothers. I got a chuckle out of that too. That guy had already caught and eaten 5 fish but wanted his brother going through a 10 mile hike to bring him food. I don't have high hopes for those boys to win it. I bet they make it a good long ways, but their tempers are already starting to show.

Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    It is a very interesting show and it goes to show the mind gives in before the body look at the first two tap outs. I think the man and wife will win if she can maintain her strength

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Show is one of the best on TV, without a doubt. Very good stuff here. Although this season, these kids are SOFT. How do you tap out after a day or three?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Show is one of the best on TV, without a doubt. Very good stuff here. Although this season, these kids are SOFT. How do you tap out after a day or three?

Happens every season. Once they're all alone, and it's been non-stop rain in an area they aren't familiar with the reality of what they're trying to do sets in. Unfamiliar landscape, unfamiliar water supply and unfamiliar food sources all turns into a big scare and shock. I can see why a person would want to quit right out of the gate, but I also think it's the intent of the guys behind the scenes making the show to get some of those people in the show for an early tap out. I really wasn't shocked when I saw the blacksmith boys drop out asap. I think they were a prop for the show. Having people in there that'll tap out early adds some amount of validity to the show trying to prove that it's a rough and tough challenge.

At this point, I'm still betting on the husband and wife.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    The first season was funny. First guy tapped out within hours of getting dropped off.

I would love to be able to do the show. Being able to take that much time off from work would be great.

I do wonder if they are not allowed to kill the local animals such as bears, mountain lions and wolves. Last season they were not allowed to kill the local deer as they were protected.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yyyyyyaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

75 days! :wow:

It wasn't going to last much longer. Another great season in the books.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I really wanted father and son to win but the dad's health was looking pretty bad. I was expecting he was going to be pulled out before he tapped out. Pretty badass a guy at 61 years old could make it that far.

Is is there something about the weather and tides that shuts down the fishing? None them could catch any fish towards the end it seemed.

Matt

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I was hoping the father son team won also. I was really surprised the husband wife team tapped before the brothers or father son. They had the shelter to win imo.

Goes to show that love will make you give up on money everytime. He couldn't stand to see his wife wither away anymore.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was hoping the father son team won also. I was really surprised the husband wife team tapped before the brothers or father son. They had the shelter to win imo.

Goes to show that love will make you give up on money everytime. He couldn't stand to see his wife wither away anymore.
    Yeah, I thought they had a good shot at winning. The husband kept telling her that she was working too hard and going to wear herself out and she did.
    And the love thing was what knocked father/son out as well. Brothers are a different love, you just tell the other to stop being a ***** and suck it up. It is different with your Dad or wife.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Yeah, I thought they had a good shot at winning. The husband kept telling her that she was working too hard and going to wear herself out and she did.
    And the love thing was what knocked father/son out as well. Brothers are a different love, you just tell the other to stop being a ***** and suck it up. It is different with your Dad or wife.

I think the husband and wife tapped out with a lot "left in the tank". I didn't think she was that weak yet. Their shelter was completely livable long term. Goes back to why did the fishing cut off? They were all catching fish for a while then no one could catch anything.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My wife and I were definitely cheering for the married couple and really found the brothers to be a little annoying. Maybe it's because we have 3 of our own little kids and didn't really care to watch a pair of 30+ year old little kids. The wife has a youtube channel called "Girl in the Woods", and she had a video on why they tapped. After listening to it I thought it made a lot of sense and I get it, but it looks like she took that video down. Probably released it too soon would be my guess.

We were also cheering on the father son team. Anyone who would take on this challenge gets my respect, but with the father being 61 he especially has my respect. I'm pushing 40 and in good health. I can't imagine doing that at 61, so good for him for doing it.

Overall, I was a little bummed with how the season ended. Oh well, next season may be better.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm disappointed by the outcome. Of the last three teams, I wanted the husband/wife to win. My second favorite were the father/son. The two brothers made the show not fun to watch, kind of like the guy from last season who starved while he horded smoked fish.

Top Bottom