Who is invading, when are they arriving, and why didn't someone tell me ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    I know anytime anyone has said anything about firearms in the past couple of decades there has been a tendency to buy or on occasion panic buy but I have lived through several of the more memorable anti gun scares and have never, repeat never seen things like I have seen in the past two weeks. A person coming into a gun store wanting some high caps, confused clerk asks for what gun, long story short, he doesn't have a gun but wants some high caps before they are banned. Saw a elderly man standing 10 deep in a checkout line today with all the shot shells he could hold. I asked what are you buying all the birdshot for in a snow storm, he replied I want to make sure I can go rabbit hunting next year. The news media and a few politicians have people scarred to DEATH. My god what are people so scarred of though ? I mean in a recession at christmas when most family finances are already stretched. I don't think this could have been any worse if CNN had aired footage of mexico invading from the south raiding / pillaging San Antonio. My largest local wholesaler, retailer, orion arms is cleaned out to the walls and people are still flooding in foraging for anything that will go bang. Normally it is gun owners doing the panic buying, but this time I am seeing way more first timers in the stores, I mean they never have shot a gun before and now have to have something black and ugly. I have been reading some of the hints at a black market being spawned from this, if they do a ban I seriously think there will be a market. There is a show in louisville this weekend and I am half scarred to go for fear of a riot breaking out over someone having ammo at a normal price just not enough to go around.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Agreed and well said.. I honestly have been laughing at those who are panic buying and what they are paying.

I understand the scare but there isn't even legislation ready to be voted on, I guess now the shooting in CT did not involve an "assault weapon" but handguns.

I admit the timing sucks because I was slowly putting together a couple new rifles one was going to be a xmas present but that failed..

I personally won't pay these rediculous prices..

Best wishes to everyone,

TJ

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I heard on the news today ammunition manufactures sold in the last two weeks the amount of ammunition they usually sell in 3 years. And a little bit ago I saw a gun buy back program going on in California right now. Yea, things are wacky for sure.

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    I saw this coming a long time ago. Of course, many have said that many times over. But, fortunately, I bought a little bit alot of times. The frenzy will pass.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    I stand back and look at the people who are buying, how they are buying, and what they are buying and the thing that scares me is it could be the first signs of a civil unrest. I mean this is kinda spooky.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    What happened this time did the chic-fil-la CEO say he was pro-gun and anti-gay ? There will be a line around the drive thru this time of gun totin homos.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Personally if there were to be any type of ban, I feel I am prepared. Only thing I would want assuming the ban was pretty much the same as the last, is a Saiga 12. Otherwise I think i'm prepared for what the government can throw at us.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Simple really. It is a sign of how much the American people trust their government.

This!!! ^^^^^^^^^^

There are those who say "A ban will never happen"..."The politicians know what a hot potato this is and will not touch it because they want to be re-elected"..."The senate and the house have not even voted on anything yet". And they are right.

But that is the crux of the problem. The average citizen has seen how our government has hurt small businesses with out of control regulations. Regulations, taxes and fees that have not been voted on by the senate or house. But from the EPA, OSHA, NLRB and a half dozen other acronym government organizations. These regulations, taxes and fees have change the business world, but were not voted on. The same people who are panic buying right now believe that gun control will be enacted through these same means. Regulations, taxes and fees will be used to limit access and increase the cost of firearm ownership. No voting needed.

The government could used regulations to stop the import of all firearms and ammunition. Unless your law enforcement of course. That means no Glock, CZ, Beretta, Benelli, Armscor, Walther, Izhmash, Steyr, Tanfoglio, Sig Sauer, Uberti, Aguila ammo, Bear / Wolf / Tula ammo, Fiocchi ammo, PMC ammo, Prvi Partizan ammo, Sellier & Bellot ammo. And they won't outright ban these items...that would probably take a vote from congress. No...they will simply make it financially impossible to import. Just like our wonderful 922r rule, they could make a rule that 90% of the materials in any product needs to be produced and manufactured here in the USA. That sounds like you are supporting the US...right? Now what do you think would happen to the industry if that happened. There is no way for a foreign product to have 90% American components. They might as well build in the US. However, it would probably take several decades for US manufacturing to increase enough to supply for the demand.

They could use those other acronym departments to enact fees and taxes that would make firearm ownership prohibitive. Just like Chicago's "violence fee" and "ammunition fee" that was proposed. What if the ATF said there is now a $500 fee for every firearm purchased and a $2,000 fee for items like suppressors, SBR's and the like. And every round of ammunition would have a $.50 fee to help cover the cost of health care for shooting victims. Again, that sounds like you are helping hurt people...right? Nope...you have made firearm ownership difficult at best and financially impossible for most Americans.

People are panic buying because they know that more than ever our government is being run using the process of fiat and our congress has been routinely bypassed on significant issues. Because we have seen this happen so many times in the past 12 years, people fully expect to see it happen again. People expect congress to be bypassed and acronym agencies to restrict or remove our rights.

Think about it, most people who are buying will admit that there is no bills that are close to being enacted by our congress...and yet they fear their government taking their rights away. How else could a government do that other than what I expressed above??? People may not be able to vocalize what is driving their fear, but I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt this is what is happening in the psyche of these panic buyers.

Last edited:

Herstal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The really annoying thing is a gun I've been looking for for a while came up for sale, and now they're asking x2 the normal price.

If anyone has a Steyr AUG A3 NATO or a MSAR AUG that uses STANAG magazines, ping me.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I went to Blythe's in Valpo Sat. There are always people there, and sometimes a few, but I could not believe the people in there Sat. morning. Alot of young couples, people who obviously had never been around guns before, because they were asking questions like mad about everything. They remodeled recently and the gun counter is alot bigger. When I walked in there, they were three deep from one end to the other.
    Kind of scary really. The urgency of all of them was crazy. Almost everyone was buying handguns. Of course all the rifle ammo was gone so maybe that is why.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    In my mind what we are facing is so much bigger than banning semi auto rifles and/or high capacity rounds...LIBERTY is something that should be CHERISHED by all. Think about what is at stake here...how can one reconcile the systematic loss of rights. The government is getting bigger and having a bigger say in what we can and cannot do. Laws, regulations, rules that restrict our rights of choice. I can go along w/ banning private sales (although I disagree). Banning high capacity mags does little to change things. Should there be legislation regarding the safe storage of firearms?? The shooting in CT might have been prevented had the guns been secured properly by the owner and her son didn't have access. Just the thoughts of a law abiding, concerned citizen that wishes to have liberty in a rapidly changing country.

Top Bottom