Who here has used his gun to fend off an attack?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I bet she wishes she had one...

i guess that's an assualt monkey?

i want one...or two!

and they have to be drunk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And please tell the story about how you used your assault rifle to save yourself from peril.
    How about assault pistols?
    Since that is what semi-auto pistols are being called now, or assault shotguns.
    Anything semi-auto is now being called assault firearms.
    Once they ban all semi-auto firearms they will ban lever-action and pump firearms because they will become assault firearms. Then revolvers finally single shot firearms.

I guess you never heard of the many stories of citizens protecting their property after hurricanes, and other natural disasters.
    You should spend time researching that, or while the riots across the country were going on, and many people armed themselves with evil "assault" "fully semi-auto" "high capacity clips that hold thousands of magazines" firearms to protect themselves and their property.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    And also to clarify. We were not savages. We were treated like sheep in the wolves lair.
    ROE= Rules of Engagement
    Went something like this:
    “Do not fire upon the enemy until you can verify they are enemy combatants. The fire you receive MUST BE DEADLY FIRE.
    :nuts::scratch::scratch::scratch::stickpoke:
    You may not use heavy weapons on enemy combatants. Heavy weapons may ONLY be used on enemy vehicles and equipment…..”

See you didn’t know our beloved government wanted to harass their own fighting force. God bless all my brother in arms, in my conflict = Operation Iraqi Freedom. I also send prayers out to my ground pounding brothers that fought in Afghanistan….and the condolences run DEEP back to Vietnam friends and family of the LPC, who’s hands were tied down by politicians who declared Vietnam
    “A police action “. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

They were all WARS and WARS are fought with weapons of war…ie true ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!

and to clarify, because you probably don’t know LPC= Leather Personnel Carrier….aka the combat boot. They faithfully, under your blood, sweat and tears, carried you in harms way….and by the grace of GOD, helped you get out alive. Along with your Brothers In Arms.
    :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    Why does the OP feel like a liberal journalist looking for anti-gun fodder from us? The 2nd Amendment was written to let us protect ourselves from a government that became tyrannical. It's not about self-defense but about national defense.

Every day that I breathe as a free man is because of a strong body of armed citizens that reminds our government that the government serves us, not that we serve them.
    Because of this. If not because of that, we'd be eating out of cow troughs and swinging pickaxe.

Absolutely, imperative that that we maintain status quo.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Admittedly, I consider my assault rifles along with my armor rig to be the highest tier of response for the highest tier of threat. I am not going to break them out without the expectation that a threat is happening which exceeds normal carry or the bedside 12ga.

The vast majority of gunfights in the US are started and ended with standard handguns. Rifles are great but very bad things are happening if I'm using one for social purposes.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    It was after I returned home from nam. I was backpacking out west trying to visit war buddies when a small town sheriff started harassing me for no reason. Ended up arrested for vagrancy. The police beat me and tried to kill me so I broke out. They chased me into the mountains hunting me. I had to fight for my life and the rest is history.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    It was after I returned home from nam. I was backpacking out west trying to visit war buddies when a small town sheriff started harassing me for no reason. Ended up arrested for vagrancy. The police beat me and tried to kill me so I broke out. They chased me into the mountains hunting me. I had to fight for my life and the rest is history.
    they should make your story into a movie

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    And there is rumor of another sequel to come!

Top Bottom