• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I don't own one, and none of you should either... these are just evil black guns! Please apply purple.

I really don't own one, just don't have a desire I guess. Maybe someday I will be offered a trade or fall into a deal I just decide to do, but no plans for the time being

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    I've just never had a need for a semi-auto rifle. That is all. I'll probably add one eventually if I get a nice annual bonus or something.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The OP obviously assumes all gun forum guys think alike. Just ain't so! I have never seen an AR as a suitable home defense gun. :twocents: I do have HD guns but I harbor no fantasies about being in a "fire fight" in or around my home. I had 3 ARs, all of which had 1:12 twist barrels and were intended for shooting prairie dogs. Found that they don't do it as well as bolt guns plus I had a tendency to burn a lot more ammo with fewer hits. I recently acquired a 1:7 varmint barrel version to give it a try. If it doesn't do what I want it will be for sale here.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    For many years I had no interest in 'modern' military style rifles. When I was growing up in the 70's and early 80's, 'tactical' was not part of the normal discourse and it seemed like gun magazines (at least the main stream stuff that I looked at) were focused on bolt-action hunting rifles, revolvers and maybe some historic cowboy or WWII stuff.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Saw a tactical gun cleaning kit today. I rolled my eyes. Anywho...I'm going to pull out my tactical TV remote and change channels now. Then I'm going to go get my tactical ice cream scoop and serve up some dessert.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Saw a tactical gun cleaning kit today. I rolled my eyes. Anywho...I'm going to pull out my tactical TV remote and change channels now. Then I'm going to go get my tactical ice cream scoop and serve up some dessert.
    Aluminum or steel? Mine's chrome and black poly. :thumbsup:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't, because I am poor lol

I am building one very very very slowly with inexpensive parts, and parts donated to me. I have the stripped lower, an LPK and Battle Trigger, a 16 inch barrel, and 3 magazines...
    At this rate I should be done about 2016 :)

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I will call "Nunya" on the OPs original question, but good thread none-the-less.
    This has been a good read to this point. It's given me some things to think about.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I had an AR and after it sat in my closet for a year after having fired 50 rounds the motor in my car blew and I needed extra money. I didnt shoot it and it would pay for a motor in my car so I sold it. Havent really missed it much. Every so often I toss around the idea of getting another one. Then I realize that it will sit in my closet and do nothing anyways. I just cant justify it. Especially when I think about how much it costs to shoot one in relation to the 22lr savage, or 9mm glock, or 38 spcl LCR. I mean I know everyone is caught up in the shtf and zombie apocolypse stuff, but ill deal with what I have.

EDIT TO ADD; Not to mention my uncle is loaded and has literally HUNDREDS of guns, including probably 15 ARs. When it becomes his time he has already informed me that I stand to inherit quite the arsenal. So, I guess I can wait.

And because im not mall ninja enough to carry a 74 pound rifle
    mallninja_zpsbdc50623.jpg

Last edited:

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I was giving it a serious consideration before all the SHTF and gougers came out of the woodwork. I put it on the back burner and never brought it back out front.

Smokeeater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Warsaw
    I do not own one. Guess I purchase for purpose. I do not hunt anything needing a rifle other than a .22. I have several shotguns for hunting upland birds and small game. I enjoy my handguns.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I just never saw the value in owning one. I'm primarily a handgun guy, but when I do need a rifle, the few bolt actions and semi autos I do own work quite nicely. I just don't know where an AR would "fit in" with my shooting needs.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I do not own one because I cannot afford to feed the thing. I have nothing against the AR platform. I used to have a Colt 6920 but sold it. IMHO one cannot FULLY enjoy shooting the AR with less than 300-400 rounds at ones disposal. Well the cost of said rounds ranges between $200-$300. My wallet just cannot handle that every time I want to shoot. Again, that is just my opinion and reason I do not own an AR.

.223 ammo isn't $1 a round...
    You can get a case of Wolf Gold brass for $360.

Steel case even cheaper. Like someone else said, about the same price as handgun ammo.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom