• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Has Walmart stopped selling them to? I know they are out of stock here but do the plan to get more?

Walmart would sell buckets of dead babies if they knew they had a demand. And they'd sell them cheaper than at least 75% of the competitors. Pretty safe to say that if your Walmart was selling them but have ran out, they'll get them back when they can.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    I have not done any panic buying, but I have done lots of "panic selling" in the last 3 or 4 days.
    I had a HPD officer stop buy the house and wipe me out of AR magazines.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was replenishing the ammo supply's and looking at a few new guns to add to the collection. Have to admit I stepped up the program when all this started. Got in just under the wire.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Haven't purchased anything in months. Kicking myself for letting a NHM-91 RPK slip at a home auction I went to a few months back. Had the club foot butt stock & bipod too. Bid to $475, one guy bid $500 & I thought, eh, let it go.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!! STUPID!!!!

I did pick up a Ruskie SKS and a sealed crate of Norinco 7.63x39 at the auction before the NHM came up though.

Dang I wish I had that opportunity back.

Looking back I wish I had picked up a few other choice import items when the spirit moved me over the past few years.

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Like jarhead77, I'm selling. While I will keep a few to hand down to my grandchildren I have already sold 20 firearms and have a half dozen more to go. Panic, like worry, resolves nothing and causes undue anguish.
    Bill

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    No panic here, waiting for the opportunity when the dust settles and fair prices return. Hoping they will eventually.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Haven't purchased anything in months. Kicking myself for letting a NHM-91 RPK slip at a home auction I went to a few months back. Had the club foot butt stock & bipod too. Bid to $475, one guy bid $500 & I thought, eh, let it go.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!! STUPID!!!!

I did pick up a Ruskie SKS and a sealed crate of Norinco 7.63x39 at the auction before the NHM came up though.

Dang I wish I had that opportunity back.

Looking back I wish I had picked up a few other choice import items when the spirit moved me over the past few years.

I wish I woulda picked up a kel-tek sub 2000 I was looking at. But I wanted to wait because I have a Black Rain Ordinance .308 AR 10 on layaway. And I didn't figure this panic would happen so fast. I mean, there's not even a bill yet.
    I worked a couple double shifts, next thing I know, that sub 2000 for $400 is now $900. I'm not paying that.

I'll just wait, when the bill fails, there'll be a glut on the market.
    I just wish I had picked up some AR-10 mags, for when I pay off my rifle. I wonder if they skyrocketed?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No panic buying, but I did "go ahead" and pick up some more M&P9 mags to make sure I have enough to start competing. I also "went ahead" and filled the empty mag pouches on my AK's case with some new 30 rounders. There was no panic involved, as these were both things I'd been meaning to do. I guess now was just as good of a time as any. :D

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What about people that are just starting out their life? Should they have bought when they were kids?
    Or people on limited income, that couldn't justify the expense till now.

I checked your profile, we are very close in age. We are all on limited incomes to a certain degree, I guess we just have different priorities. Yes it does suck for the younger people that are trying to build/buy their first rifle.
    I was just making a statement, that if it is your hobby, maybe you should have been buying all along.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Not really. I wanted more G26 +2 mags and got them before they went up. My LGS had two and I order two from LoneWolf. I also ordered a few LoneWolf barrels I wanted.

I was about to restart reloading again becasue the whole family is shooting up all my 9mm, so I guess I'm panic buying whenever I'm able to find primers. Thing is, to shoot 9 as much as they and I all want, I'd have to get about 10K rounds a month, or more. So maybe it is panic buying when I'm at my LGS and they were down to 4 cases of Blazer 'brass' 9mm, so I picked up another 300 rds. Enough for an hour maybe.:rockwoot:

I saw a mini 14 the other week and it was nearly $1,K.!:dunno: I remember paying $325. for the SS I bought new when the SS model first came out.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    oddly, Big R had 25% off ammo right after the "crisis" so I bought bulk pack 22's for $16 ish. And some 50ct blazer for $1.49. I'm GTG now.

Some reason I can't keep stock of 22's with my 14yo around!

Top Bottom