• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    Full size 1911, or CZ75, for me, every day. I can feel it if Im out hiking around, or standing all day, but I am fine with that. I do want a little something like a P938 for those instances in which I might be concerned about printing, but if I ever do get one again, itll be purely for those circumstances and will still carry full size most of the time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm a subscriber to the attitude that you pick the best tool for the job of self defense and dress around it. Then you train to run that tool as effectively as possible to where everything related to handling of that firearm is nearly subconscious. Whether you have to clear a heavy coat or heavy t-shirt, it's the same process and same gun.

No such thing in my program as reaching for a different gun in a different place with a different weight, trigger or sights. I cannot afford to hope my self defense rounds will land where I need them to.

The only exception is to have the same regiment for the left hand/BUG/deep cover gun.

Well, I hope if you ever have a need to use a gun, it's under perfect circumstances.

I will be practicing for worst case scenarios, and having to use what is at my disposal at that moment.

No worries my friend. There is no such thing as perfect circumstances. We train to use one gun under any circumstances.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I daily a walther PPQ.

ce3pr1b.jpg

Once you realize nobody cares about printing, and the people that WILL notice printing are people who'd notice you're carrying a gun anyway, hamstringing yourself with a subcompact just feels silly.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    I daily a walther PPQ.

Once you realize nobody cares about printing, and the people that WILL notice printing are people who'd notice you're carrying a gun anyway, hamstringing yourself with a subcompact just feels silly.

Nice looking gun.

Only reason I 'try' to conceal are the stores than banned open carry. So, subcompact for summer, full size for winter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of concealed carry issues are vanity. If you dress around the firearm, as opposed to the opposite, most printing issues are pretty much solved. Do you have to be deliberate and careful when bending over? Sure, but still plenty doable.

I carry a full sized pistol at 3:00 and double mag carrier at 9:00. All year long.

In shorts and a T-shirt? Sure, an appropriately sized sturdy t-shirt covers it all. A collared, button down shirt untucked is a given.

A solid REAL gun belt is also a necessity. The "stiff" belt that you found at the average retail store WILL NOT DO. Do I even have to bring up the appropriate kydex to do the rest of the job?

A lot of issues with concealed carry are about self consciousness also. Don't worry about your sidearm, stand up and walk strait with determination and positive attitude. No one will even think to look at you twice, much less scan you for bulges.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nice looking gun.

Only reason I 'try' to conceal are the stores than banned open carry. So, subcompact for summer, full size for winter.

Non-gun people won't realize it's a gun. They don't look up from their phone to notice your existence 99% of the time, why would their first assumption be a gun when it's more often a phone?

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Sig 226 9mm. also sneak in a G19-3 on occasion. My 1911A1 is secured but available with 3-7 rd mags, to throw and go if other 2 aren't freed up. Wifey carries G19 so it's P226 or 1911A1. BUG guns can range from LCP, REM-380, or S&W 442.
    We keep them rolling and easy to do with winter jackets.(think pockets).

Beastmodeski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    Bloomington
    If in bear county sure. Outside of that, I'm fine with. 357 Sig or .40 through either a P226 or P229.
    That exactly what a carry now P229 SAS with some greygun additions and custom shop polishing in .357 sig. but ammo is costly. Lol one of my favorite rounds, I don’t think it receives enough love. Every gun that buy to replace it, I always go back to the p229, just feels natural reliable and accurate. Just the weight gets to me after a while.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about carry in 10mm?

I'm waiting on a Gen5 G29MOS. I want a griz gun that can double and or carry the same as my G19/G45 EDC guns.

I don't intend to switch from 9mm for self defense EDC. I think that would be less than optimal.

That said, 10mm is the go to for bear and deer legal in Indiana. I could certainly see EDCing the G29 around the property during deer season.

Beastmodeski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    Bloomington
    I'm waiting on a Gen5 G29MOS. I want a griz gun that can double and or carry the same as my G19/G45 EDC guns.

I don't intend to switch from 9mm for self defense EDC. I think that would be less than optimal.

That said, 10mm is the go to for bear and deer legal in Indiana. I could certainly see EDCing the G29 around the property during deer season.

I don’t see many 1911 commanders in 10mm. Also how’s the durability with that round in the 1911?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don’t see many 1911 commanders in 10mm. Also how’s the durability with that round in the 1911?

The 1911 guys seem to love their 10mm's. I cannot speak to commander size as I have only seen full sized 1911's in 10mm.

I'm a Glock guy now. The G20 I shot seemed to absorb a lot of the recoil compared to the steel guns. Lotta YouTubers seem pretty happy with their G29's also. I don't think I'd have much trouble being proficient with a G29.

I learned a lot shooting a G43 in competition for a year. Same concept of small pistol shooting a relatively potent round for the pistol size.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Hopefully no one ever finds out. :lmfao:
    Are you one of those “if I pull it out I have to shoot you” guys? :)

Also, holy necro-threads batman!
    Never saw this one before, but if I would have then answer would be no.
    Now, I just carried a p226 legion SAO all day in an appendix holster I just finished up late last night.
    Been a P320 appendix for a while. Working on a holster for the 320AXG, might finish it tonight.

Top Bottom