• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    If a person were to arrive late on Saturday... say around 10:30 or so... what portion of the pistol instruction would be missed? Would they be able to join in relatively easily at that point, or would it cause a problem?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If a person were to arrive late on Saturday... say around 10:30 or so... what portion of the pistol instruction would be missed? Would they be able to join in relatively easily at that point, or would it cause a problem?

We'd bring that person up to speed on the Safety and Procedural necessities, then do our best to catch them up on any missed fundamental instruction with coaching as the course continued.

I think it would still be well worth it.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I have an extra Ruger Mark I .22 pistol and an extra Savage Mark I .22 rifle w/usgi sling. I think we might need loaner pistol/rifles for two of the young folks. Is that doable?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have an extra Ruger Mark I .22 pistol and an extra Savage Mark I .22 rifle w/usgi sling. I think we might need loaner pistol/rifles for two of the young folks. Is that doable?

Yes, we'll ensure that 2 each are available to loan for the weekend. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by TheJoker
    Um....I have me and my nephew interested in both days, I have two others that would like to just come on Sunday for the rifle class. Can I accomplish this by buying three two day tickets?

I'm working on others; but, you know how that goes. Everyone wants to play until the weekend is at hand!

3 2 day tickets will definately work. It will a great weekend for sure.

So does this mean there are two open pistol spots for Saturday? If so, I'll try to fill those if I can.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Forecast looks like warm partly cloudy days this weekend. Not a very good chance for rain, but I can always hope. ;)

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I went out to my friend's farm to do some zeroing tonight after work.

TwoRugersAndaRomanian_zpsphixz89b.jpg

I took two Ruger 10/22s and a M1969 Romanian Training Rifle, both Rugers only took 10 minutes to zero. I chased the zero on the other rifle for about 30 minutes before I realized the mount was moving. I told my nephew that he would be better off shooting the M1969 with iron sights.

Oh well as Marvin Lee Aday has often reminded us, two out of three ain't bad.

Come on weekend!!!

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Day 1 was great, what an excellent group of pistoleros!

Looking forward to continuing on with riflery tomorrow. :yesway:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Day 2 brought some rain! :rockwoot:

Didn't phase us a bit, we overcame the elements as a group and had us a fine time. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who made it, hope to see those who couldn't at another event. I'll return in a few days with more details, pictures and comments. Will post an After Action Report on the ReveresRiders.org website within the week, but don't wait for me - please add your own pics, thoughts and memorable moments right here in this thread.

Everyone did very well and I am again refreshed and hopeful for our future as a people. 'Murica. pew. :)

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    It was a terrific weekend all the way through, especially in the rain. We had shooters of all skill levels, and absolutely everyone improved. We all had fun, shot a LOT, talked about history, got inspired, made friends, and had some good laughs along the way.

I am again refreshed and hopeful for our future as a people. 'Murica. pew. :)

This always strikes me as I'm driving home from events. If the kids from this weekend's event are any indication, the future of the Republic is in good hands.

A big thank you to all the shooters who came out. I hope to see you again at other events!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Greetings All ...

Day one of the two day Revere's Riders Whittemore's Weekend could not have been a bigger success. My nephew dropped out at the last minute and Kathy decided to come in his place. Her daughter Jennifer, Tim, Destiny, her grand children Addy and Matt also joined us in our journey to Crawfordsville Gun Club which hosted the event. As always, ATM and his crew Nick, Chrissy, etc provided top notch safety, instruction and those glorious stories of the birth of this nation.

I too was so impressed with the three young folks, two 14 year olds and a 15 year old, They followed the rules, shot safely and judging by the smiles, they has lots of fun.

Two weekends in a row, I got to participate in my favorite hobby with people I love. I am blessed.

Thanks Revere's Riders!!

Here are some pictures from Day 1...

Reveres Riders Whittemores Weekend 2016 Pistol Slideshow by TheJoker666_2007 | Photobucket

Top Bottom