• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Most all of that "history" is only the white point of view and not all that factual.
    Way to go racist.
    Today's argument is about logic and reason. The norm, since mankind was hunter/gatherers, is "if you want to eat, drink, and live to see another day, then get off your ass and produce these benefits for yourself". If you're not actively engaged in these efforts, then you had better provide something of sufficient value (making clothing, gathering firewood, etc.) to those who obtained food, if you want to share in the benefits.
    Today's world neither comprehends, nor can deal with this simple truth......regardless of "color".
    That is a human point of view.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Most all of that "history" is only the white point of view and not all that factual.
    White point of view? Dont be rasict and lump people together just by the color of their skin. White history would include the historical accounts of France, Germany, the UK, Russia, and the USA. All are prominent world powers that, throughout history, have spread influence (both good and bad) across the globe. All have created world changing technology and innovations.

They have thier own cultures, languages, ideologies and points of view. The biggest wars the world has ever seen were amongst those powers. Some are old enemies that have constantly been trying to undermine eachother.

You're saying that they all teach the same history simply because they have the same skin color. Please reflect on that until you realize how silly your statement was.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    White point of view? Dont be rasict and lump people together just by the color of their skin. White history would include the historical accounts of France, Germany, the UK, Russia, and the USA. All are prominent world powers that, throughout history, have spread influence (both good and bad) across the globe. All have created world changing technology and innovations.

They have thier own cultures, languages, ideologies and points of view. The biggest wars the world has ever seen were amongst those powers. Some are old enemies that have constantly been trying to undermine eachother.

You're saying that they all teach the same history simply because they have the same skin color. Please reflect on that until you realize how silly your statement was.
    Magyars only included European ancestry history in his post. I stand by it being a white history point of view. No matter what area of Europe they were from their history was written by whites.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    So in your opinion what skin pigmentation does one need to write history?
    All racial viewpoints should be taught, all races have their own viewpoint of what occurred for any given point in time. What is taught in American schools is lacking, very biased, and lacking in accuracy. Americans are extremely ignorant of world history and even american history due to white washing facts to make white people look like the good guys. Open some U.S. law books and look at the laws regarding non-whites, asians, blacks, America's first peoples, and mixed race (mulato). Indiana still has mixed race laws on the books.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All racial viewpoints should be taught, all races have their own viewpoint of what occurred for any given point in time. What is taught in American schools is lacking, very biased, and lacking in accuracy. Americans are extremely ignorant of world history and even american history due to white washing facts to make white people look like the good guys. Open some U.S. law books and look at the laws regarding non-whites, asians, blacks, America's first peoples, and mixed race (mulato). Indiana still has mixed race laws on the books.
    So writing history according to how someone feels is correct?
    That's already been done, and is being taught.
    Fictional American History according to Howard Zinn.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

jWhwz3A.png

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Most of this world history you're talking about would be considered racist, by people like yourself. I've seen enough lefties whinge at latino people for using their word for the color black, and go on to call spanish capirotes racist.

And as a good demonstration, your first mention of anything is based in America, likely because you're clueless of any cultures outside of this country.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I stand by it being a white history point of view. No matter what area of Europe they were from their history was written by whites.
    I believe I know what point you're trying to make, but you completely self-immolate your point by making it about white people. First you clump all of Europe into one group, even though historically that sure as heck wasn't the case. It's not like Spain, England, and France didn't fight with each other. The second is you present that as a proof as if it has anything to do with white people at all. The concept of one nation conquering another, or one empire subsuming another has existed far beyond the emergence of Europe. If history had flowed down a different course and Europe at the time was composed of black nations, then you would be likely complaining about history being written by blacks.

All people are fallen regardless of race. Both good and evil are present is all men's hearts. When you shift the blame on one side, you open society up to what I refer to as "The Vicious Cycle" where you have a pendulum of oppression and hatred that swings from one side to another. When you bring up generations to hate one side, you open them up to vindictiveness where they may seek retribution. If or when they act, the other side will respond causing the pendulum to switch positions every few hundred years or so. The reason Martin Luther King Jr. was successful during the Civil Rights movement is because he offered another way, one where reprisal and retribution were not seeked, but instead tried to invoke the "good" present in the hearts of his fellow man. He wanted to be seen as human, not as black or white. This BS about putting race labels on everything is undoing that mainly because the architects of this current movement WANT division. Division makes us easier to control.

If you want to say Europe and the early American Government persecuted the indigenous people, that's fine. They did. I have a feeling if I was Native American at the time, I would be sharpening my tomahawk. However, when you group everything into "white people vs indigenous, black, latino, etc.", that's when you lose me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The facts from their point of view. Fictional american history has been taught since 1776.
    So when we teach all of American history we need to make sure we include such things as American Indian tribes commenting genocide on each other many centuries before Europeans arrived.
    They killed off other tribes for their land, and resources. They took captive the defeated people that they didn't kill will barbaric torture, forced the captives into slavery, where they raped women, and beat, and tortured men, women, and children who were their slaves. This continued until they were defeated in the late 1800's early 1900"s.
    Our education system seldom touches on this dark side of American Indian history. If it does at all today I'd be shocked especially with CRT.
    You are correct it needs to be taught. Every disgusting detail. The Comanche had their torture down to a fine art.
    Or was you thinking of some other history that needs to be taught?

American Indians were not as innocent as many try to make them out to be.
    The narrative promoted in schools that American Indians were a peaceful society before the appearance of Europeans is a myth.

I'll give you some names you can go research real history not the touchy-feely history you desire.

Bernard Bailyn

Steven Pinker

Top Bottom