• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Can anyone tell me about the White around Noblesville? We usually take a one to two day trip on the Tippy between the Oakdale Dam and River Junction, but we are looking for a change of scenery. We are wanting to take a one day canoe trip for catch & release Smallmouth. My buddy works up that way and it's his idea, but he has no idea of public access points. Can anyone tell me a good place to put in and another to park and take out? Thanks.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    i hear around straw town and north have bigger smallmouth, around indianapolis they all tend to b about a pound with a few hittin the 2 pound mark. fun on an ultra light but gets kinda lame when u only catch the little ones

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    not sure about the area you are referring to. I have a place on the east fork between William dam and Shoals. Smallmouth are hard to pickup right now, river is up and muddy. Best smallie fishing is in the late summer and fall when river is clear, picked up several in the 3 to 5 lb range last fall. You can put in just below Williams dam and it is a day's float down to Shoals. Both have boat ramps and the scenery is great. If you are intersted in the area pm me and I will send you some info.

Joe

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Muncie to Yorktown is not bad either but can be shallow. Pull out near the school.

The Wildcat from the covered bridge to To Hwy 75 North of Cutler is my old favorite. Stop and work the deep holes.

You can debate which is more polluted, the Tippy when the hog **** is running near Buffalo in the summer, the Wildlcat when someone flushes a toilet in Kokomo or the White when another manufacturer dumps their chemical waste.

Go South.

The section Justjoe described is one of the best for a simple float in beautiful terrain and fishing. Camping nearby at Martin State Forest is as easy as car camping gets. Close to Indy but far enough to be worth the drive.

Top Bottom