White River Broadcasting edits Bite the Bullet Ad and more!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I would fire off an e-mail to the EIB network [Rush Limbaugh's people] and express your feelings about this. It may or may not do some good, it can't hurt. White River Broadcasting would ***** themselves if EIB threatened to pull the number one talk show host in the country from their station.

Just what I was going to say. It's true, use the media and let folks know that your there. Maybe I'm wrong but the station's thinking was clouded by their political views.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    White River Broadcasting has produced a Pro Second Amendment commercial for Bite the Bullet!!!! It states “At Bite the Bullet it is our mission to help you exercise your Second Amendment rights……..” You can hear it daily on 1010 WCSI during the first hour of Rush. Thanks!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Out of your listening area but following with interest. Was the 2nd amendment statement excluded before?

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Out of your listening area but following with interest. Was the 2nd amendment statement excluded before?

I was never told that I could not mention the 2nd amemdmet I was just giving a verbal list of things that I could not say. All of the things that I could not say I feel are implied by the second amendment so I never thought to ask them about stating “the second amendment……”. If it was ok in the beginning I wish they would have told me to stick to the 2nd amendment, if that had happened this situation would probably have been avoided.

I was just told that their Washington Lawyers wanted them to stay away from mentioning personal protection, home defense, or any type of security that could be gained from having a firearm. I was given examples by the station manager that firearms are in the category of Tabaco and Alcohol and they have to be very careful when dealing with their ads. I was told that White River Broadcasting feared that they could be fined by the FCC if the ad said “we sell firearms for personal protection” and then someone was killed trying to protect themselves. So there answer was to play it safe with the FCC. I was told by the station manager that it could be like when Janet Jackson had the wardrobe malfunction and the station that aired it was fined $500k.

The other thing that could have helped the medicine go down is if they would have given a good explanation as to why my commercial was edited and the restrictions were put on the live feed. The Lawyers said…… is a start to an explanation but in needs to be followed by something that makes since. Does anyone know if the FCC has ever fined a station for a firearms ad of any type? If so do you know what the ad said? For that matter does anyone have a closer example of a fine or ruling than Janet Jackson’s show?

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    If I am not mistaken, I think the Supreme Court struck down that FCC ruling so WRB's lawyers are not up to date...I would have to do some more checking to be sure.

And no, I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

812guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Columbus Indiana
    I contacted the other major station in Columbus to ask what they would allow in advertising. I wanted them to make sure it was of. They contacted the FCC and sent me a copy of the voicemail the FCC left in response. The guy on the voice mail said they had no issue with the statements you wanted to say.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    I contacted the other major station in Columbus to ask what they would allow in advertising. I wanted them to make sure it was of. They contacted the FCC and sent me a copy of the voicemail the FCC left in response. The guy on the voice mail said they had no issue with the statements you wanted to say.

If you don't mind please send me a PM with the stations info that you are talking about. Maybe they would be a better choice for me to deal with.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Wow. They contacted their lawyer? They changed your product without your express review or permission. They are censoring your 1st amendment rights?

I would go to small claims for a refund for all services rendered, plus potential for lost revenue. Also, mention that a Ft. Wayne gunshop has been running ads pretty much nonstop, and their main lines in the ad are the 2nd amendment and defense of life.

Silly liberals.

Top Bottom