Which KAC Rail panels are correct for the SOPMOD BLOCK II??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So I have a quick question. I seen that KAC sells rail panels in TAN and TAUPE. They both have NSN numbers and everything. Which one is correct for the SOPMOD block II?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So I have a quick question. I seen that KAC sells rail panels in TAN and TAUPE. They both have NSN numbers and everything. Which one is correct for the SOPMOD block II?

im thinking block 2 does not use KAC covers, but Tango Down SCAR type ones with the TD grip...your running the DD rail system right?

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    im thinking block 2 does not use KAC covers, but Tango Down SCAR type ones with the TD grip...your running the DD rail system right?

Oh ok, I thought they ran either the KAC or the Tango Down Covers? Oh well the TD grips will be cheaper than the $25/each that the KAC's are running. Yea im running the M4A1 RIS II rail. Thanks for your input.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you look at the list on the first page, not much is set in stone.
    The early ones used a mish mash of parts, newer ones are more specific.
    Either will qualify, the SOPMOD Block II M4's utilize what is on hand, and probably
    more configurable by the end user.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Thats kinda what I figured. I just scrolled through a few pages and there were people that were nit picking alot of other peoples guns so it seems pretty critical. I didnt want to spend the money on something then it turnes out not to be "correct"

If you look at the list on the first page, not much is set in stone.
    The early ones used a mish mash of parts, newer ones are more specific.
    Either will qualify, the SOPMOD Block II M4's utilize what is on hand, and probably
    more configurable by the end user.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Ill probably just end up using the ladder rail covers that come with my RIS II rail. If you look at the pics of our soldiers using block II's, a majority of them either have those or none at all.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    i don't think anybody gets issued a block II rifle, so if the covers have an NSN, they can be considered "correct", Im very picky about that stuff myself, I didn't like the Matech BUIS, so I went with an LMT one with an NSN

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana

Back to the OP..........the TAUPE will be a close match to the LMT FDE SOPMOD
    if you go that direction.

P1150440-1.jpg

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    i don't think anybody gets issued a block II rifle, so if the covers have an NSN, they can be considered "correct", Im very picky about that stuff myself, I didn't like the Matech BUIS, so I went with an LMT one with an NSN

Thanks for the input. That makes since to me. As long as its got an NSN I should be GTG.

Back to the OP..........the TAUPE will be a close match to the LMT FDE SOPMOD
    if you go that direction.

P1150440-1.jpg

I ordered a black sopmod but that taupe looks like it matches really well. It I pick up some KAC covers they will definately be TAUPE. Thanks

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    I think that it is a mistaken fact that the Block II is actually a weapon system. The Block II is only a accessory package by SOPMOD! What is offered in the package is usually changed by prefence weapons user. NSN is just a Nato Serial Number often they will use Pmags or stuff they purchase for themselves and they have no NSN.

Top Bottom