• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Well, I guess I`m a hand gun person. I have carried a hand gun on and off since 1973. I only have 2-shot guns and 5 rifles compaired to 9 hand guns. I`m better at the range with a hand gun at 25 yds. than a rifle at 25 yds. So ya, I like hand guns better.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Impossible to be more accruate with a handgun, unless you are doing something really wrong with the long gun. There is just no comparison with accuracy, and power, especially at very long sistances. So the long gun is the one I'd definitely want if SHTF.

I laugh every time I see a movie where the good guy fends off half a dozen AR-15's with his trusty handgun. The opposite would be more realistic.

2 151 INF

Shooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    South Bend
    I love firearms pretty equally. I'd say I'm a better shot with a rifle. Must be the tens of thousands of rounds shot in the military. My handgun shooting is coming along. In the straight leg infantry you don't mess with the handguns much. I do very much lust after lots of different handguns!

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    If I could only have one then give me an AR-15 but Im terrible with a pistol so that's all I've been shooting lately.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Different tools for different jobs. Water fowl hunters need a shot gun. Some big game hunters need rifles. My needs since I am older and can no longer find a place to hunt leads me to HD weapons. I prefer a handgun to carry and a reliable shotgun for HD.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I like shooting rifles more than the others. I think its because to me it seems like a greater challenge to hit a target at 400+ yards, than to hit one at 25. Not saying that I don't like shooting my pistol because I do, it gets way more rounds through it than any other firearm I own. With a group of buddies though, there is nothing better than playing a few rounds of knockout with the shotguns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wut?

This is kind of like saying I like my combination wrenches more than my socket set... they are two types of tools that you need to do different jobs.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Few firearms can be as beautiful as shotguns. Whether completely bare or fully engraved shotguns can be the most wonderful looking piece out there. I felt that way for a long time and still do but after purchasing my first 'real' handgun and then obtaining my LTCH I've been a pistol guy ever since. I've never been much for rifles; even as much as I like them I still tend to make them the 3rd and last thing I look at when I'm at a gun shop.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Rifles, er er Handguns, no wait shotguns - Hexx - I like them all, that question is like which of your children do you like best!!!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I find handguns appeal to me a bit more on a personal level, but cannot argue against the fact that a rifle is more useful, overall. I certainly have not skimped on my rifles.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Long guns, specifically high powered rifles. Enjoy both immensely, but a handgun is a tool for me to use until I can get my hands on a rifle if things go south. As far as hunting goes, rifle hands down. Shotguns, meh,....but I use them when required.

Dirty Steve

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I like long guns more, my passion for guns was born out of hunting/marksmanship. A handgun became necessary as I got older and began to think more of personal/family protection and needed an additional tool that was discrete, portable and powerful.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What pistol and what rifle and which shotgun?

I have favorites in all three but I spend most of my time with my handguns.

For me I think this is the combiation of the three that is my favorite. CZ P-01, Windham Weaponry AR-15, and my FN SLP. and I am a happy man.

Although my Arsenal SLR-107CR is gunning for the Windham as favorite rifle. Give me a few months and a couple thousand rounds and I'll get back to you.

Top Bottom