• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I'm getting $800 in Cabelas gift certificates from credit card points. I'm wanting to get another AR, thinking of the Windham ARs. If you had $800 in cabelas gear, which AR would you buy?

Thanks

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Windham are good and I don't think you can go wrong with that choice.

However, If It were me, I would supplement 100 dollars more and get the Smith & Wesson M&P15. I have had great success with my SW and never had an issue. But then again, if its just another AR for the the heck of it, I think the Windham would be more then enough.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    If you don't want to add extra $ to the equation, get the Windham. It's a Bushmaster (new name, same folks making it that split when Bushmaster was bought-out). I have never had any issues what so ever with my Bushmaster. If you are willing to add about $200 to the equation, get the SIG. Several models to choose from for a few hundred dollars more.

Dirty Steve

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    Is the SIG that much better? I've read lots of good things about the WW. Do you know what on the WW is not "mil-spec correct"? Is the SIG on par with a COLT? I don't mind adding some to the amount, if the SIG is that good. If its a wash, I'll same money.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    avoid the bushmaster carbons. i don't hear bad things per say, but the parts they use aren't universal across AR platforms. personally i'd save my pennies, they had DPMS AR-10s in there a few months ago for less than a grand.

nm, i just read Gander for some reason. Still I'd avoid the carbons.

Top Bottom