• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Is there any place locally to get a gun belt? I would rather not order one from the internet as I don't like the idea of buying sized items sight unseen. Yes, I understand you order based off of your measurements, but I would rather have the item in hand and go from there.

I wish I would have paid more attention at the last show, I would have got one from Raven. :xmad:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ri22o, you might look at police and fire uniform shops the pant belts are very good quality I'm still using one that I got at least 5-6 years ago and at least for myself I like being able to try them on before buying. If they can hold up an LEO gunbelt a single holster is no problem.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What kind of gun belt are you wanting? If something to be used for everyday carry, I've found the double-thickness "work belts" you can find at department stores to hold up very well, and they're pretty inexpensive. I refuse to pony up for a Galco or something like that; I don't think it would work any better than what I've got, and I don't dress that fancy, even at work... ;)

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Try the Uniform House on north Illinois...can't remember the exact address but it is in the phone book. They do LEO and Fire and most of the time their prices are pretty good for the quality you get.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    What kind of gun belt are you wanting? If something to be used for everyday carry, I've found the double-thickness "work belts" you can find at department stores to hold up very well, and they're pretty inexpensive. I refuse to pony up for a Galco or something like that; I don't think it would work any better than what I've got, and I don't dress that fancy, even at work... ;)
    Something a little more sturdy than what I currently have. I'll stop by Greenwood mall if I get the chance and see what the stores down there have.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Something a little more sturdy than what I currently have. I'll stop by Greenwood mall if I get the chance and see what the stores down there have.

If it makes a difference, I have a couple seemingly sturdy belts that still leave me wondering how much better something designed for balancing 3# of steel would be.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A belt made specifically to carry the weight of a firearm is much better than any belt found in a department store, even the "sturdy" ones.

Finding one locally might be tough Nick. I got my 5.11 belt from Pops for $30. But its not exactly a "standard" looking belt.
    45-0090.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    A belt made specifically to carry the weight of a firearm is much better than any belt found in a department store, even the "sturdy" ones.

Finding one locally might be tough Nick. I got my 5.11 belt from Pops for $30. But its not exactly a "standard" looking belt.
    45-0090.jpg
    Yea, it would be hard for me to look sexy wearing one of those. :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hahaha, I just put it up long enough for you to catch it.

lmao

Jenkins would be a place to start.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Hahaha, I just put it up long enough for you to catch it.

lmao

Jenkins would be a place to start.
    I feel special. I have an obsessed stalker. :rockwoot:

I'll check their website, and maybe give them a call tomorrow.

I'll try to give Klint a call tomorrow too.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My sister is riding with Klint on Friday, so you might try Saturday.

I'll be watching you . . . . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have no personal experience with Looper Leather, but I've heard good things about them being an inexpensive gun belt. The kydex reinforcement is nice.

You're rich, VaultBoy, order one and let us know!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have no personal experience with Looper Leather, but I've heard good things about them being an inexpensive gun belt. The kydex reinforcement is nice.

You're rich, VaultBoy, order one and let us know!
    I'm not that rich. I can't even afford the $25 a month to be a Moderator. :(

Top Bottom