• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Quite awhile ago, my dad bought me a cheap, sheetmetal gun 'safe' at a local Wal or K mart. I upgraded and gave teh safe to my brother a few years back. Now, my dad has decided that things have changed enough that he would like to have his small collection locked up just in case. He's wanting something like what I had, which was a Homak or Stack-On or similar type of thing. We can't find anyplace locally to get one. I hate to have to spend $35 shipping a $100 gun safe. He's checked wal and K mart and as well as Menard's and Lowes with no joy. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking online and we can get one shipped for around $150-180.

Thanks,
    Doug K

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I got one of these for $70 at the Greenwood Gander.

105865.jpg

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    dicks or rural king have an 8 gun for about 110 and a 14 gun for about 160. the one is green and the other is black. i cant remember which but they are the same safe just different stickers on the outside.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Is a cheap gun safe...safe?

And this guy of course has no financial interest in the stuff he's hawking. He's a totally objective, disinterested third party.... :whistle:

There's no doubt the cheaper safes from Wal-Mart, etc., won't last long against large pry bars, but at the same time there's also no doubt they'll keep guns out of the reach of kids. I'm thinking that's the main reason people buy them. If they want to lock 25K worth of guns, they'll probably buy a more expensive safe. At that point, what he says starts making sense. Better to pay 2.5K for one that will keep out thieves than 1K for one that won't.

Top Bottom