• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    today I OC'd at Hi-Way Cafe in Alexandria this evening while out with my parents for dinner, and then at Marsh's in Elwood, and not a word was said to me the entire time.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Was in Seymour IN over the weekend at the McDonald's just off of HW-65. Stopped in and while ordering was kindly greeted by 3 State Troopers who just smiled and said hello and went about there business of getting there food and enjoying lunch.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Barnes & Noble - One manager followed me
    Starbucks

I'm hard-pressed to do it while on lunch at work... I typically go to Starbucks and just sit on my netbook... My IWB Don Hume sticks out in my pants WAY too far, so I'm returning it. The whole "IWB OC" is a bit scary, as it feels more like what a BG would do.

I guess just throw on my OWB Holster when I go to lunch.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I OC wherever I go daily, but am only going to post to this thread when something happens. Was walking my mastiff the other day and was stopped by a neighbor. Before then we had only waved, or said hi in passing. He finally asked if I was LEO, I told him no. He then asked if I had a security job, I replied no. He was done guessing so I told him I was just a Hoosier who wants to be able to protect myself if the situation arises. He was good with that. We still wave if we're both outside.

Another recent event was I had some cardboard cut-outs with some holes in them in my backseat after going shooting. Next door neighbors kid kicked a ball that went in my yard, the father came over to retrieve it (no fence in the front yard). It was next to the car and when he came closer he saw the backseat and got a surprised face. The dog had barked as soon as the guy came in my yard so I was looking out when he was close to the car. Haven't seen him outside the past week so I could talk to him about it. Sort of an OC, even though he's seen me OC my gun in my yard plenty.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Another recent event was I had some cardboard cut-outs with some holes in them in my backseat after going shooting. Next door neighbors kid kicked a ball that went in my yard, the father came over to retrieve it (no fence in the front yard). It was next to the car and when he came closer he saw the backseat and got a surprised face. .
    Maybe the surprised look was from being impressed with your accuracy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On my lunch break, sitting in Starbucks on Netbook right now. Some high-school kid bumped into me and spun around quick... other than that, really nothing to notice. Blends in with my dress clothes

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is a Netbook comfortable to sit on? ;)

Mmm... I could go for some coffee right about now.

Yes it is!

Today was free Roastburger day at Arby's... so they were quite busy. Got a couple eyes, and an elderly lady stopped me and asked me a couple of very nice/polite questions.

Now in Starbucks again, sitting on my Netbook ;)

Last edited:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This was last saturday, I went to great clips on 86th at traders point.

After I got up the one lady asked if I was a cop. I told her no, She then said just pakin heat. They asked how much it cost for the LTCH and what you needed to get it. So I spoke to them for a few minutes. Overall it was a good encounter.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    This was yesterday and my usual routine for the most part. I walked to Burger King in Hammond again, same route where I had the overall positive interaction with a police officer who wasn't sure OC was allowed. No problems, saw a squad car maybe twice but a block away. I then walked to Deb's gun range to get some practice. Shoot a bit low and to the left darn it. Bought the only self-defense ammo they had so I could have my two extra mags loaded. I ran across a guy by Purdue University walking his dog. He asked about my gun and we started talking. Turns out he used to go to Deb's all the time and had a gun raffle going for awhile. Nice guy and nice dog. :)

The only bad thing was the self-defense ammo will simply not work in my Warthog. It locks the gun up tight!! I had already thrown away the box so I don't remember what it was. But I'm certainly not carrying it anymore! Hopefully I can find what I carry at Cabela's today. I really need to write it down so I can just stick with it as it's given me no feed problems at all.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    OC'd at the Noblesville Street Festival today. Cute little young LEO wanna be's with only handcuffs over their belts and a couple of LEO on bike patrol but not one mentioned a thing. Great day in America!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today visitting grandmother and other family. Cousin made a comment, she's very anti-gun, as though they shoot themselves. Very close-minded, so I don't bother trying with her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom